IT Project Manager (CPT)
Cape Town – Western Cape
DRIVE project delivery in order to support in building a sustainable, diversified and expandable systems structure to meet current and future customer and market demands as the next IT Project Manager sought by a Specialist Consultancy. Thereby, contribute to the future-oriented business development efforts of the business as well as to create value for customers. The successful incumbent must possess a National Diploma (NQF Level 6) in Project Management or PMP/Prince 2 or equivalent qualification with 5 years of specialist experience in a relevant project function. You must also have managed a minimum of 5 IT or IT related projects through the complete PM lifecycle.
- Ensure that systems, procedures, and methodologies are in place to support outstanding project delivery.
- Develop a deep understanding of projects to gain insights into the scope of delivery.
- Take accountability for project timelines, scope, cashflow, and risk management.
- Manage the project delivery performance; the meeting of internal and external client expectations; and driving future demand.
- Analyse third party as well as internal processes and create strategies for project delivery optimization.
- Take ownership of the delivery of the agreed priorities for the project.
- Implement and maintain the effective delivery frameworks internally and with the outsourced IT service partner.
- Manage the Delivery through the Software Lifecycle (SDLC) including client implementation of the change.
- Track project and BAU delivery.
- Provide professional project updates to customers and internal company stakeholders about project delivery.
- Recommend methods of improvement and implement actions to enhance project delivery.
- Escalate project risks and issues to Management.
- Manage requests through the backlog and delivery pipeline.
- Take responsibility for a strong delivery relationship with the company’s outsourced IT service partners.
- Minimum National Diploma (NQF Level 6) in Project Management or PMP/Prince 2 or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 5 years of specialist experience in a relevant project function.
- Managed at least 5 IT or IT related projects through the complete Project Management lifecycle.
- High level of results orientation.
- Strong analytical and systems thinking.
- Attention to detail.
- Proactive and facts-drive decision making.
- Stakeholder Management.
- Proactive problem-solving approach.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and prioritize under time constraints.
- High commitment to delivery of excellent quality outcomes.