IT Operations Manager
IT – Manager
Stellenbosh – Western Cape
DRIVE quality, availability, and performances of systems within the Client Service Channels environment of a dynamic Financial Institution seeking a strategic & commercial thinking IT Operations Manager. You will also continuously review and forecast system operational requirements to drive stability and performance of systems to ensure good client service while setting standards and providing direction to a team of IT Specialists – ensuring strategic and technical business deliverables are achieved through the implementation of best practice system monitoring, automation, and alerting. You will also ensure maintenance requests are prioritised and actioned accordingly as you drive the resolution of system risks and high priority incidents with the delivery teams to mitigate risk. You will require Grade 12/Matric, a BSc. Computer Science or other relevant tertiary qualification with 10 years’ experience within the Systems Development environment including 5 years’ experience in department / people management, have basic Project Management & solid experience with IT Systems Development processes, Business Analysis & the Agile development life cycle.
- Quality – Functional and Non-functional
- Performance – Monitoring and Alerting and performance testing
- Understand and manage capacity of services provided and services consumed
- Operational Support and Incident Management
- Adherence and implementation of monitoring standards.
- Administer and monitor systems and services performance including that of underlying infrastructure and databases.
- Prepare reports and ensure optimal performance and maintain records of service level agreements.
- Design, implement and test to ensure efficient maintenance and compliance of all Disaster Recovery plans.
- Schedule regular performance and load tests and provide training to upgrade product quality and standardize all artifacts.
- Perform root cause analysis to ensure resolution of technical issues; work with technical staff to implement required changes with the aim of preventing recurrence of known issues.
- Manage certificate renewal with vendors.
- Understand data fault tolerance; Plan backups, maintain processes for recovery of data in case of emergency.
- Implement processes and policies for system upgrades and patching; be aware of changes to underlying systems that can affect branch operations.
- Through various proactive self-initiated projects, apply principles of continuous improvement.
- Assist technical staff to check and ensure the resolution of all issues to achieve all objectives.
- Determine availability of systems and IT network application process.
- Design and maintain all IT processes according to operation policies through standardization of methods.
- Maintain and prepare all paperwork for various activities and provide performance backup to retrieve data in case of emergency.
- Administer and provide an upgrade to systems and escalate issues.
- Prepare and review all Service Level and Operation Metrics and KPI scorecards for service delivery.
- Analyse all continuous upgrade processes through various proactive self-initiated projects to ensure efficiency.
- Liaise with other teams for integration.
- Sign-off pre-production releases for deployment to Production after reviewing relevant test plans and test results.
- Forecast system and infrastructure requirements based on usage trends.
- Ensure alignment of the product line with business principles and standards – The Operations Manager should stay aligned with the bigger picture (e.g.: various Proof of concepts happening in bank and architectural principles).
- National Certificate / Matric.
- A relevant tertiary qualification. Preferably BSc Computer Science.
- At least 10 years’ experience within the Systems Development environment.
- At least 5 years’ experience in department / people management.
- Basic Project Management experience.
- IT Systems Development processes.
- Application development.
- System Architecture (technical design and implementation processes).
- Banking systems.
- Business analysis and design.
- Standards and governance.
- Agile development life cycle.
- Monitoring tools, processes, and the application thereof.
- Testing practices.
- Financial Services systems environment.
- Best practices for Quality Assurance (QA).
- Clear criminal and credit record.
- A valid Driver’s License and own vehicle is required.
- AWS cloud experience – Understanding the Amazon product suite and practical implementation experience
- Exposure to Full Stack development – C# preferred.
- Experience as Systems Operational Manager.
- Communications skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal & Relationship Management.
- Negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Planning, organising and coordination skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Leadership skills.
- Achieving personal work goals and objectives.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Working with people.