IT Manager & Senior Technician
IT – Manager
Cape Town – Western Cape
A Digital Agency in Cape Town seeks to hire an IT Manager and Senior Technician in one, who will be responsible and accountable for ensuring the smooth running of various IT systems, including servers, computers, 3CX VoIP Phone Systems, CCTV cameras, routers, printers, firewalls, clocking machines, Video Conferencing systems, and Internet Connectivity, while adhering to requirements, specifications, costs, and timelines. The ideal candidate should possess a deep understanding of networking fundamentals, such as MPLS, SD-WAN, DNS, DHCP & IP subnets, as well as hold an N6 Certificate, a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification, and an A+ Certificate.
- Leading medium to large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Monitor the performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure.
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes.
- A variety of day-to-day equipment support, installations and desktop IT support at dealerships and branches
- Analyse business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organisation to develop solutions for IT needs.
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT.
- Deep understanding of networking fundamentals, including MPLS, SD-WAN, DNS, DHCP & IP subnets.
- Google Workplace and Email Support.
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Server and Workstations) including working with Active Directory.
- Anydesk, TeamViewer & Remote Desktop.
- Variety of Access Points, routers, and switches, including Unify.
- Supporting VoIP phones and a 3CX VoIP Phone System.
- Network installations including fibre and Cat5e installations.
- Installation and support of CCTV cameras.
- Support, troubleshoot and installation of signature pads, credit card machines, scanners, and printers.
- Fortigate Firewall.
- Yealink Video Conferencing.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
- A+ Certificate.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in IT operations.
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems.
- A firm grasp of IT infrastructure and operations best practices.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritise.