IT Manager (DBN)
IT – Support
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
Our client is an innovative Financial Services Provider, with an approach to business that is outside the box and sometimes viewed as unconventional. Proudly different, and not for everyone. Empowering, transformation, wellness, strong and healthy mindsets and striving for the absolute best, lie at the centre of the company ethos. They choose to work only with people who are committed to continuous learning, and who are willing to step far outside of what they know and who want to grow and develop to their highest potential.
Does this sound like you? Fantastic! Please read on…
strong leadership, commercial acumen & technical expertise of an IT Manager to provide the vision and roadmap for its IT division. A professional already within a senior leadership role to maximize functionality, and to create efficient technology platforms that support and enable the business. They will be accountable and have authority for all aspects of the company’s IT, Business Analysts, Infrastructure, Security and administration as well as our outsourced partner. You must possess an IT Degree, 3-5 years’ experience managing an entire IT function including development, testing, hardware & infrastructure, BI and Business Analysts with a solid understanding of the entire IT value chain.
Team Leadership –
- Strategic leadership of the IT division in line with the focus of the business.
- Implement and manage the People Strategy for the department.
- Set, agree and continuously drive own and team performance objectives in line with department/business strategies.
- Provide input to the business strategy through functional leadership.
- Define and direct IT Strategy.
- Promote, support and encourage participation in company CSI initiatives.
- Identifies and understands the markets and develop a customer service and brand strategy aligned to the business strategy.
Strategic Partners –
- Build a sustainable strategic partnership base.
- Establish, build and maintain win-win relationships with strategic business partners that enhance business and brand.
- Maximise IT functionality.
- Create efficient technology platforms and technical support that support and enable the business as a whole.
- Show return on investment.
- Develop strategy to shift business.
- Tertiary level Degree in IT.
- 3-5 Years’ experience managing an entire IT function including development, testing, hardware & infrastructure, BI and Business Analysts.
- Around 5 years’ Business Analysis.
- Understanding of the entire IT value chain.
- IT Leader who successfully led and has been a key contributor to the significant technological growth of a business.
- Accountable for the IT strategy/development/architecture at a leadership level.
- Commercial and business acumen.
- Forward thinking.
- Commercially focused.
- Leadership style inspirational with a balance of strategic skills and strong ‘people’ orientation.
- Natural love of people and people development; truly passionate about the growth of people.
- Well rounded, resilient and self-aware individual who is open to change and personal development.
- Entrepreneurial, free thinker who will challenge the status quo and push boundaries.
- Must have the capacity to growth their strategic ability.
- Confident – someone who is able to hold their own with shareholders and be resilient in a demanding environment.
- Hands-on approach.
- Self-motivated and self-aware.