IT Lead (JHB Hybrid)
IT – Manager
Johannesburg – Gauteng
YOUR exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving ability is sought to fill the role of an IT Lead for a Community Upliftment Programme situated in Joburg where you will lead and manage its IT & Digital strategically, innovatively, and collaboratively with key stakeholders. This will include communicating strategies, architecture considerations, and progress to non-technical stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have the appetite, experience and Software Engineering background to lead and manage a growing IT function comprising a relatively small set of employees together with team members contracted from partners while retaining primary responsibility for IT strategy and architecture (rather than delegating). You must possess a Degree (preferably Masters) in Information Technology/Computer Science or similar field with at least 7 years successful experience in a senior IT leadership role, preferably as IT Head or Director including delivering software projects enabling core business operations.
Lead and manage IT & digital strategically, innovatively, and collaboratively with key stakeholders in service of the organisation’s strategy –
- Collaborate with the executive team to ensure technology architecture, systems, and initiatives are coherent with and serve overall business strategy: Building the executive’s understanding of and appreciation for IT to enable better sense-making and decision-making.
- Develop and realise a comprehensive IT and digital strategy aligned with the organisation’s goals: Collaborating with internal departments and external partners to align technology initiatives with their needs.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and digital transformation to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Communicate IT strategies, architecture considerations, and progress to non-technical stakeholders.
Lead and manage the IT functional team –
- Lead, manage, coach, and develop a fit-for-purpose IT functional team with a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Determine and manage the team and individuals’ KPIs.
- Manage external technology vendors and contractors effectively.
Manage IT infrastructure –
- Oversee management and maintenance of IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, and data centres.
- Ensure data security, disaster recovery, and business continuity plans are in place and effective.
- Evaluate and implement emerging technologies to optimise operations.
Manage Information Security & Compliance –
- Establish and enforce IT Security policies and practices to protect data and systems.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations (e.g., POPIA).
- Respond to and mitigate Cybersecurity threats and incidents.
Manage systems and applications for business-as-usual and deliver projects –
- Manage Business-as-Usual (BAU) systems and applications, including IT support and operations.
- Deliver IT projects withing a mature management framework: initiating, prioritising, planning, budgeting, allocating resources and tracking projects to completion.
- Engage with stakeholders and collaborate for successful systems change management.
Drive innovation –
- Identify and implement opportunities and digital solutions to enhance user experiences and internal processes.
- Monitor industry trends, identifying opportunities, and evaluating new technologies for potential adoption.
Develop and manage IT budget & expenditure –
- Use resources cost-effectively.
- Maintain and provide regular IT expenditure financial reports and forecasts.
- Degree (preferably Masters) in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Min. 7 years’ successful experience in a senior IT leadership role, preferably as IT Head or Director.
- Min. 7 years’ successful experience delivering software projects enabling core business operations.
- Strong Software Engineering background.
- Strong understanding of IT strategy and architecture.
- Strong understanding of IT Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, and emerging technologies.
- Excellent leadership and team management abilities.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Budgeting and financial management expertise.