IT Business Process Analyst II (Payroll & Digital Learning) (Contract)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
FACILITATE and define business requirements while ensuring translation into effective business solutions as the next IT Business Process Analyst II sought by a growing and reputable Retail Group. The ideal candidate must have a suitable 3-year IT or business-related tertiary qualification with at least 3 years Business/Process Analysis – preferably across multiple disciplines/domains, working knowledge of Process Modelling tools & Project Management methodologies Waterfall and Agile, have proven experience leading Solution Design workshops and working knowledge of various HR processes and exposure to HR systems. Please note this is a 6-Month Contract.
Develop a Business Analysis Approach in project execution or investigation –
- Understand project context to determine applicable approach.
Lead the definition and review of business processes –
- Understand current business processes and define future business processes.
- Document future business process/es.
Facilitate Business Requirements workshops or sessions to elicit and define system requirements –
- Plan and execute Business Requirements elicitation sessions/workshops.
- Develop Business Requirement Specifications.
Participate in solution design workshops –
- Develop Functional Requirement Specifications.
- Provide input to System Requirement Specification and other technical oriented documents.
Contribute to development of testing and training materials –
- Document test scenarios and review test cases.
- Assist testing capability in ensuring that new system meet requirements.
- Coordinate and lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Relevant 3-year Information Technology or business-related qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years Business/Process Analysis experience, preferably across multiple disciplines/domains.
- Working knowledge of relevant methodology and tools e.g., Process Modelling tools, Project Management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile etc.).
- Proven experience in leading Solution Design workshops.
- Working knowledge of various HR processes and exposure to systems that enable HR processes.
- Expert knowledge in delivering typical Business Analysis Artefacts.
- Experience in implementation of package solutions.
- Faculty Training Institute Business Analysis qualification.
- Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices, and apply findings.
- Synthesises data from different sources to identify trends.
- Presents problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself.
- Demonstrates a results-oriented mindset in planning and implementing activities/projects.
- Anticipates potential obstacles and their impact on the accomplishment of goals and timelines and propose/ take corrective action where required.
- Listens attentively and checks understanding of the message being received.
- Prepares written reports and briefs and communicates ideas clearly.
- Speaks fluently in team meetings when presenting information.
- Convinces others by identifying benefits for all; looks for ways to increase the value of the partnership for all parties.
- Genuinely cultivates personal bonds with colleagues in order to enhance performance throughout the organisation.
- • Adjusts to work effectively within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- • Anticipates change and continuously remains prepared for change.