IT Business Process Analyst (Hybrid)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
FACILITATE and define business requirements while ensuring translation into effective business solutions as the next solutions-driven IT Business Process Analyst sought to join the team of a reputable Retail Group. Your role will include developing a BA approach in project execution/investigation, planning & executing business requirements elicitation sessions/workshops while documenting test scenarios and reviewing test cases. You will require a suitable 3-year IT or business-related tertiary qualification, have 3-5 years’ Business/Process Analysis experience including proven experience in leading solution design workshops, Agile methodologies and frameworks including Scrum, Kanban, Process Modelling tools, Project Management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile etc.).
Develop a Business Analysis approach in project execution or investigation –
- Understand project context to determine applicable approach.
Lead the definition and review of business processes –
- Understand current business processes and define future business processes.
- Document future business process/es.
Facilitate Business Requirements workshops or sessions to elicit and define system requirements –
- Plan and execute business requirements elicitation sessions/workshops.
- Develop Business Requirement Specifications.
Participate in solution design workshops –
- Develop Functional Requirement Specifications.
- Provide input to System Requirement Specification and other technical oriented documents.
Contribute to development of testing and training materials –
- Document test scenarios and review test cases.
- Assist testing capability in ensuring that new system meet requirements.
- Coordinate and lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Relevant 3-year Information Technology or business-related qualification.
- 3 – 5 Years Business/Process Analysis experience, preferably across multiple disciplines/domains.
- Working knowledge of relevant methodology and tools e.g., Process Modelling tools, Project Management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile etc.).
- Proven experience in leading solution design workshops.
- Expert knowledge in delivering typical Business Analysis Artefacts.
- Experience of Agile methodologies and frameworks including Scrum and Kanban and of the Business Analyst role within Agile frameworks.
- Proven experience of Stakeholder Relationship Management and influencing skills, demonstrating success in facilitating collaboration, influencing, communicating and negotiating at all levels.
- Expertise and extensive experience in process modelling, gap analysis and requirements engineering with the delivery of appropriate artefacts to progress development and achieve business objectives.
- Synthesises data from different sources to identify trends.
- Faculty Training Institute Business Analysis qualification.
- General understanding of Retail or Store Operational processes.
- The ability to interact and work collaboratively within a team as well as the ability to run with a piece of work autonomously where required.
- Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices, and apply findings.
- Presents problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself.
- Demonstrates a results-oriented mindset in planning and implementing activities/projects.
- Anticipates potential obstacles and their impact on the accomplishment of goals and timelines and propose/ take corrective action where required.
- Listens attentively and checks understanding of the message being received.
- Prepares written reports and briefs and communicates ideas clearly.
- Speaks fluently in team meetings when presenting information.
- Convinces others by identifying benefits for all; looks for ways to increase the value of the partnership for all parties.
- Genuinely cultivates personal bonds with colleagues in order to enhance performance throughout the organisation.
- Adjusts to work effectively within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Anticipates change and continuously remains prepared for change.