Intermediate Software Developer (Delphi) – (Remote)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
Our client is a prominent provider of IT, analytic, and software support services tailored exclusively for the fresh produce industry. They are currently in search of a highly skilled Software Developer to join their team of experts. This role will be an integral part of their expanding development team, collaborating closely with designers, client-facing team members, and frequently engaging with clients. The ideal candidate should hold a relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology or Computer Science and possess a minimum of 3 – 5 years of pertinent experience as a software developer, utilizing either Delphi or C# and Microsoft SQL.
- Design, development, and internal testing of existing and new products according to the company’s prescribed standards.
- Take full responsibility for completing the required task in the given time.
- Ongoing documentation on specifications and integration thereof.
- Verify that all requirements have been correctly and fully implemented to the agreed specification.
- Verify that all functional requirements continue to function through any change.
- Investigations into incidents or bugs.
- Mentor and guide less experienced team members.
- Support the internal and client-facing teams.
- Provide work estimates based on analysed business and technical requirements.
- Design and develop highly scalable, reliable, secure, and fault-tolerant systems end-to-end.
- Produce good quality code and comment code properly.
- A deep understanding of relational database concepts and proficiency in writing complex SQL queries.
- Good understanding of data integrity and security best practices.
- Delivering on requirements on-time and to specification with a high level of quality.
- Sound knowledge of OO design principles and patterns.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- At least 3 – 5 years of relevant experience as a software developer using either Delphi or C# and Microsoft SQL.
- Have had exposure to the full software development lifecycle.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Capable of problem-solving independently.
- Ability to work calmly and methodically when under pressure.
- Must be a keen knowledge seeker who shares acquired knowledge across teams.