Intermediate – Senior Java Developer (SAP) (CPT/JHB)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng
- Development of server and client applications in Java for international retail chains.
- Analysis, design and implementation of specific solutions.
- Work in an international production team.
- UI programming (SWING, HTML5, CSS).
- Integrate third-party solutions (SOAP, REST, iDocs).
- Hardware integration (e.g., card terminal, POS printer, fingerprint sensors).
- Design, prototype and implement new software solutions and extensions.
- Create technical instructions or documentations (UML, Wiki, SDK, etc.).
- Report and line printing using JasperReports, iText.
- University Degree in Information Science, IT specialist or similar education background.
- 7-10 Years’ working experience in a similar role.
- Extensive experience developing retail Point of Sale solutions, preferably JAVA based.
- Experience developing enterprise solutions in Java.
- Knowledge and understanding of PMLC.
- Eclipse, Spring, SVN, Junit, Web Services, GWT, CI (Jenkins, Nexus).
- Good knowledge of SQL for Oracle and / or SQL Server.
- Knowledge of integration to SAP is a strong requirement.
- Extensive Travel internationally for protracted periods of time and locally in support of active projects.
- A valid passport.
- Knowledge of the SAP solution.
- Able to speak in German.
- Excellent business standard language in English, oral and written.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Independence and responsibility.