Intermediate Python Developer (1 Year Contract) (Remote)
IT – Software Development
Johannesburg – Gauteng ~ Durban – KwaZulu Natal ~ Remote
Our client, a dynamic NPO providing sustainable solutions to urban communities, needs to employ an Intermediate Python Developer on a 1-year fixed term contract, who will assist with the expansion of the server side development capacity. You will need to have at least 3+ years’ experience working with Python and developing on the web, Git version control and code review, be experienced with SQL databases, building APIs, and Modular asset builds for reusability.
- Develop Python-based applications with queuing and database support.
- Interact and collaborate with sub-contractors and development partners.
- Develop reusable code templates and contribute to a growing central code repository.
- Maintain good code version control and collaborative practice.
- Connect front-end code assets to server-side processes and modify/maintain accordingly.
- Maintain and create applications in relevant web framework – Python’s Flask and React.
- Document and report on timesheets.
- Identify and solve current and future problems within applications.
- Publishing updates of data stories and dashboards on the portal.
- Streamlining of data processes.
- At least 3+ years working with Python & developing on the web, Git version control and code review.
- Experienced with SQL databases, building APIs.
- Modular asset builds for reusability.
- Proven Python experience as well as a solid understanding of design patterns and Programming.
- A solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures.
- SQL experience required & PostgreSQL experience highly beneficial.
- jQuery, JSON, REST, Web Services will be an advantage, not compulsory.
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies