Intermediate BI Engineer (Centurion Hybrid)
IT – Software Development
Pretoria/Centurion – Gauteng
THE expertise of an Intermediate BI Engineer with a passion for data-driven decision-making and a desire to continuously learn and improve is sought by a dynamic Food & Workplace Safety Specialist in Centurion.
Your core role will be to contribute to the implementation of the Data Strategy by analysing large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and insights relevant to internal and external customers while developing & maintaining regular reports and dashboards using BI tools to support decision-making processes. You will require a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Math/Stats/Engineering, or related quantitative field with proven experience in a similar role including data visualisation tools such as Power BI to communicate insights effectively. You will also require proficiency with MySQL, T-SQL, Python or R and have exposure to the Microsoft Azure suite of data services. This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate individual to gain valuable experience and grow their career in the field of Data Science.
- Analyse large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and insights relevant to internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain regular reports and dashboards using BI tools to support decision-making processes.
- Collaborate with the Data Science team to refine and enhance analytical models.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, understand business needs, and provide data-driven recommendations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies to improve the existing data infrastructure.
- Work on the integration of new data sources into the company’s data system.
- Ensure data quality and integrity in databases and reports, which may include data cleaning, pre-processing, and feature engineering to ensure high-quality data for analysis.
- Continuously explore new tools and technologies to enhance data analysis and reporting capabilities and keep up-to-date with industry trends and advancements in Business Intelligence and Data Engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering) or related field.
- Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g., Power BI) to communicate insights effectively.
- Familiarity with database management systems (MSSQL Server, MySQL Db etc.), querying data in T-SQL and exposure to data modelling.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work with complex datasets.
- Solid understanding of statistical concepts, machine learning algorithms, and data analysis techniques.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Python or R for data manipulation, analysis, and modelling.
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure suite of data services (storage systems, integration tools, etc.).
- Excellent problem-solving, leadership, and communication skills to effectively collaborate within a team-oriented environment.
- An approach to work that fosters a positive and respectful work environment.