Intermediate Application Support Engineer
Cape Town – Western Cape
An exciting B2B tech company working with some of South Africa’s biggest household names is offering an excellent opportunity for a motivated Intermediate Application Support Engineer to provide end-user support to a number of key clients. You’ll get to work with cloud payments software that is used by major international banks and retailers. You will be responsible for supporting a highly complex environment that requires 99.9% uptime. In addition, you will assist in the building, maintenance, and troubleshooting of our rapidly expanding cloud infrastructure and leading-edge payments tech. You must have a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or other relevant qualification, 4 – 6 years support experience/systems engineering experience, a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Linux, a minimum of 2 years’ experience supporting applications and Excellent database knowledge and experience using MySQL (writing SQL scripts and/Perl, Python, Shell) (Non-negotiable).
- You will apply analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve complex payments software problems.
- Responsible for providing technical support to Electrum’s customers to resolve technical issues.
- Work with software developers, project managers and architects to resolve production and support issues.
- Updating the Wiki with relevant technical support documentation.
- Experience with support ticketing systems such as Freshdesk.
- Responsible for implementing and abiding by security measures.
- Mentor junior and intermediate support engineers.
- Research and identify software bugs.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
- Escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g., software developers).
- Refer to internal knowledge base or external resources to provide accurate resolutions.
- Track and administer support issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits and communicate expectation with clients.
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at one time.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports.
- Contribute to the internal knowledge base.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or other relevant qualification.
- 4 – 6 years of support experience/systems engineering experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Linux.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience supporting applications.
- Excellent database knowledge and experience using MySQL (writing SQL scripts and/Perl, Python, Shell).
- Experience working with Java code.
- Good networking skills: TCP/IP, Load Balancers, Firewall, VPN’S.
- Customer Support experience.
Increase Your Odds by Having:
- Experience in the Payments industry.
- AWS experience.
- Experience working in an ITIL environment.
- Worked with APIs previously.
- Experience resolving 3rd line application support tickets.