Intermediate Application Developer (3-Year Contract)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
UNDERSTAND and interpret business requirements into well-designed technical solutions within a DevOps environment as the next Intermediate Application Developer sought by a service provider of Quality Certification and Cold Chain Management. You will also be implementing, testing and maintaining & designing code with required system documentation to meet the Development goals. The ideal candidate must have a 3-year ICT Degree/National Diploma, relevant Software Development Certifications, 4+ years’ Development including proficiency in SQL, C#, .Net Core, REST, JSON, SOAP, XML, MVVM, UML, Visio, ReactJS/Blazer, jQuery, NodeJS, Azure DevOps Services, Microservices experience and Code scanning tools like SonarCloud. Please note this is a 3-Year Fixed-Term Contract.
- Assist industry vendors and clients during test efforts to drive success of the project.
- Conduct Unit and Performance Testing.
- Address all audit findings and ensure corrective action is being taken.
- Identify and prioritize key risks based on urgency.
- Interpret business requirement and translate into system design.
- Securely develop, test and maintain well-designed and efficient applications as per the user stories and ensure the acceptance criteria are met.
- Conduct secure code reviews, ensuring all technical debt is addressed timeously.
- Ensure System Documentation is kept up to date during the sprint cycles (Azure DevOps Services).
- Seek to continuously improve coding standards, architecture and testing processes.
- Mentor Junior Developers.
- Coordinate with other managers and line functions to ensure highest level of software quality (Project Manager, Application Development Manager, Application Support, Test Manager, Senior Developers, etc.).
- Ensure timely delivery of the different development milestones as per sprint planning.
- Plan, organise and control own work effort, including regular progress feedback to own and other relevant areas.
- 3-Year Degree or National Diploma in ICT.
- Relevant Certifications in Software Development.
- 4+ Years’ Development experience.
- In a broad range of Development technologies/products, standards, tools and methodologies.
- Can interpret business requirements and implement technical design.
- Application configuration, maintenance and support
- Advanced experience in MS SQL.
- Advanced experience in C# and .Net Core.
- REST, JSON, SOAP, XML.
- MVVM, UML and Visio.
- ReactJS/Blazer, jQuery, NodeJS.
- Experience in Microservices.
- Code scanning tools like SonarCloud.
- Agile experience.
- Experience in Azure DevOps Services.
- Experience with Unit and Performance Testing.
- Knowledge of the latest Application Development practices.
- Knowledge of Software Development governance frameworks and standards e.g., COBIT, ITIL, DevOps, TOGAF, OWASP, etc.
- Mobile development experience (Android, Xamarin Forms).
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving DevOps and keep pace with latest thinking and new development technologies.
- Strong collaborative problem solving and analytical capability to manage numerous information sources and provide data analysis reports to management.
- Strong client-focus with the ability to meet the demands of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate application development related concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders at various hierarchical levels.
- Ability to build business partnerships that helps drive the application development strategy.
- Able to work independently with demanding users in a high pressurized environment.
- Strong capacity for operating in a flexible, dynamic environment where creative and ‘out of the box’ thinking is required.
- Ability to multitask.
- Display an understanding of different functions within an organisation
- The ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Ensure professional and value adding service delivery.
- Build and maintain sound customer relations.