IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
A dynamic Internet Service & Network Specialist urgently seeks an Installations Technician whose core role will entail equipment configuration and onsite installations including 3rd party management, to meet any given deadline. You will be expected to ensure that installations are completed to a high standard, on time and every time with a first-time right policy. The ideal candidate must have Grade 12/Matric, a N+ Network qualification with a solid understanding of basic networking and the ability to configure basic network equipment. You must also be able to coordinate and manage 3rd party vendors, staff, etc. and be able to install equipment in cabinets, trace cables & do inventory checks. You will require a valid Driver’s Licence as travel to installation sties and some overtime work will be required.
- Responsible for installation and fault finding of equipment on site.
- Co-ordinate with Project Managers, 3rd party vendors and clients to complete installations.
- Ensure that installations are completed to a high standard, on time and every time with a first-time right policy.
- Basic equipment configuration.
- Various collections of stock.
- Manage and co-ordinate Installations Technicians.
- Provide feedback to the Installations Manager.
- Matric or Grade 12.
- N+ Network qualification.
- Have an understanding of basic networking.
- Be able to configure basic network equipment.
- Must be able to co-ordinate and manage people like 3rd party vendors, staff, etc.
- Ability to work with his hands – installing equipment in cabinets, trace cables, inventory checks.
- Drivers’ License.
- Must be willing to travel to installation sites.
- Be presentable when on site and dealing directly with clients.
- Must be able to work after hours when required.
- Must be highly organised.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks efficiently and effectively.