Information Security Solution Architect
IT – Infrastructure
Cape Town – Western Cape
SERVE as a recognized Information and Cyber Security authority bringing your technical expertise as an Information Security Solution Architect to create robust security architectures for a leading Retail Group. You will collaborate on Information Security standards & controls and lead the realization of the security architecture into the target environments to secure the enterprise’s information assets. The successful incumbent will require a Degree in Information Systems/BSc. Comp. Science (or similar) & Certifications including CISSP, CISM, CISA and ISSAP. You will need 10 years’ work experience within IT, 5+ years’ experience with IT projects, Information Security and/or IT Risk Management with a focus on security, performance, and reliability. You will need a solid understanding of common security services and implementations including security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorisation, network security intrusion, and exfiltration prevention tools & hands-on AWS and Azure experience.
- Create information security architectures and designs to secure enterprise information assets in line with architecture standards.
- Serve as the primary Information Security architecture authority for all project and operational stakeholders and ensure security architecture across all solutions and technology landscapes.
- Lead the creation of Information Security architecture and design patterns and standards and contribute to SDLC governance standards as required to secure the enterprise’s information assets.
- Degree in Information Systems / B Sc. Comp. Science (or similar).
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP).
10 Years –
- Working experience within the IT industry.
5+ Years –
- In a leadership role in an IT Security environment.
- Experience with IT projects from a Security architecture and design perspective (SDLC).
- Extensive experience in Information Security and/or IT Risk Management with a focus on security, performance, and reliability.
- Solid understanding of common security services and implementations including security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorisation, network security intrusion, and exfiltration prevention tools.
2-3+ Years –
- Hands-on experience with cloud applications, infrastructures and public cloud providers (AWS – required, Azure – required, GCP – desirable).
- Experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management, or related technologies.
- Mentoring others to improve skills.
- Strong leadership skills to indirectly manage across functional teams toward common solutions.
- Strong facilitation skills to engage subject matter experts to define data requirements and conduct data modelling design reviews with Project teams.
- Knowledge of various architecture frameworks including TOGAF and Zachman frameworks (TOGAF certification would be a distinct advantage).
- Experience in Information Security regulatory frameworks e.g., PCI DSS, POPI, and GDPR.
- Experience in relevant National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards.
- Experience in ISO27001/2 Framework– specifications for a framework of policies and procedures that include all physical and technical controls involved in an organisation’s risk management.
- Experience in implementing, using, and administering EA tools and EA meta-model definition (ARIS Preferable/ or Sparx Enterprise Architect).
- Experience in developing and implementing IT architecture plans, Enterprise Information Architecture standards and guidelines, software development methodologies, and strategic plans.
- Retail industry experience with an understanding of retail business processes and the information and data requirements of these processes.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and logical skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent team-working, and interpersonal skills.
- Delivery of compelling presentations to all levels of stakeholders and excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Develop proposals and marketing materials and excellent written communication & presentation skills.
- Excellent organisation and facilitation skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.