Industrial Design Engineer
Cape Town – Western Cape
A fast-paced Engineering Service Provider in Durbanville seeks a proactive and ambitious Industrial Design Engineer who will be responsible for the transition of engineering designs and data into production. You must possess a NDip or BTech Degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification(s), at least 1-10 years relevant experience, understand time study and production line balancing, have 3D Modeling software experience and Advanced Excel. Any NX Unigraphics, Dassault Composer and Siemens Teamcenter skills will prove beneficial. You must also be willing to travel abroad.
- Form part of the engineering release process and be responsible for industrial and process engineering related functions within your scope of responsibility.
- Work with the Engineering team to review and approve sub-systems for each product line in terms of build feasibility.
- Set-up detailed production line process models detailing how and where subassemblies get installed on the production floor, as well as investigate issues found on the production line and the corrective action(s) thereof.
- Ndip / BTech Degree / BEng in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification(s).
- Minimum of 1-10 years’ experience after you have completed your degree/diploma.
- Understanding of time study and production line balancing.
- 3D Modeling software experience.
- NX Unigraphics, Dassault Composer and Siemens Teamcenter (would be an advantage).
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication (English).
- Computer literacy with Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Willing to travel overseas for variable periods.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask.