Implementation IT Project Manager (FlexCube)
Cape Town – Western Cape
ENSURE the successful execution of multiple projects & the efficient use of resources to create value for clients, as your technical expertise & ability to simplify complex problems in a challenging environment as an Implementation IT Project Manager, is sought by a Specialist Consultancy. Your role will also entail managing the delivery through the SDLC, Project & BAU delivery tracking while managing client requests, project scope, risk management and delivery. The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor’s level Project Management tertiary qualification or PMP/Price 2 or equivalent, preferably previous BA experience, understand financial markets & systems, have managed at least 5 IT/IT related projects and proficiency in Flexcube, HTML, CSS, SQL, Web Applications and the SDCL process. You must have an uncompromising attitude when it comes to delivering exceptional quality projects.
- Implement and maintain effective delivery frameworks internally and with the outsourced IT service partner.
- Manage the delivery through the Software Lifecycle (SDLC) including client implementation of the change.
- Project and BAU delivery tracking.
- Professional project updates to clients.
- Manage client requests through the backlog and delivery pipeline.
- Ownership of the delivery of the agreed priorities for the year.
- Responsible for delivery relationship with our outsourced IT service partners.
- Ensure that systems, procedures, and methodologies are in place to support outstanding project delivery.
- Develop a deep understanding of projects to gain insights into the scope of delivery.
- Take accountability for project timelines, scope, cashflow, and risk management; project delivery performance; meeting internal and external client expectations; and driving future demand.
- Analyse third – party as well as internal processes and create strategies for project delivery optimization.
- Project Management qualification at a Bachelor’s level or PMP/Prince 2 or equivalent qualification.
- Previous BA experience is highly preferable.
- Understanding of financial markets and financial systems.
- Managed at least 5 IT or IT related projects through the complete Project Management lifecycle.
- Knowledge of –
- Front-end development technologies and tools e.g., HTML, CSS etc.
- Database query languages e.g., SQL.
- Web Applications.
- SDLC process.
- Uncompromising in delivery of excellent quality –
- Proven track record of understanding and identifying risks in functional changes and successfully directing efforts appropriately.
- Recommend methods of improvement and see that actions are implemented on time for project delivery updates.
- Provide accurate and regular reports to management on performance of project delivery.
- Build strong relationships with teams and stakeholders to enable effective dialogue exchange between departments.
- Escalation of project risks and issues to management.
- Exceptional client-facing skills.
- Proven leadership skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Proactive with a sense of urgency and the ability to establish priorities and make decisions.
- Detailed orientated and not willing to say “OK” until something meets your standards.
- Passionate about great user and client experiences.
- Great team player, able to interact easily with both business and technology stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Able to source information from the users/clients.
- Able to work under pressure, time management, provide reasonable effort estimations and to be able to multitask across multiple projects and communicate effectively.
- Unquestionable integrity and accountability.