IT – Manager
Cape Town – Western Cape
A dynamic provider of innovative Software & Systems Solutions seeks the competencies of an ICT Manager who will be responsible and accountable for ensuring the Company’s Infrastructure is well maintained, provisioned, administered, and deployed. He will also manage his team by training, supporting, and advising where possible
- MANAGEMENT (30%)
- Develop and train staff to fulfil any ICT role within the companies ICT Department.
- Ensure that staff understands and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain Time Management, deadlines, escalations, and other pertinent managerial responsibilities.
- Present reporting and upward feedback on services that may be improved upon or expanded to benefit the company offering.
- INFRASTRUCTURE (35%)
- Design, Research, Implement and Configure all server, network, and connectivity infrastructure locally and in other branches.
- Ensure that all security measures are considered regarding server, networking devices, WAN connectivity and integrations.
- Configure and Maintain systems backups, troubleshooting, disaster recovery and provides expert support when necessary.
- Procure, allocate and maintaining all Windows, Office, and other 3rd Party licences.
- CLIENT RELATIONSHIP (20%)
- Working with Procurement to procure hardware or software.
- Ensure auditing trial of telephones, licenses, hardware, and other third-party vendors devices is kept up to date with our Procurement Department.
- Builds and maintains vendor relationships and manages the purchase of hardware and software products.
- Assist in purchasing of ICT related software, hardware, and other ICT supplies.
- Work with support vendors to resolve technical problems with client/server applications.
- Assist with escalations internally and from external clients.
- Interacts with internal clients on all levels to help resolve ICT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner.
- POLICIES AND PROCEDURES (5%)
- Adhere to departmental and company policies and procedures
• Basic understanding of Windows/Linux and Network Troubleshooting.
• Certificate in SQL Server Administration.
• A+ and N+ qualifications.
• 3-5 Years.
- SQL Server Knowledge and Understanding.
• Confidentially pertaining to crucial data.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Must be honest and trustworthy.
• Communication with Management as well as internal and external clients.
• Must be motivated and a team player.
• Must have good troubleshooting skills.
• Request for MCSE Certification to be completed.