ICT Engineer (ELV)
Cape Town – Western Cape
YOUR accuracy, drive for standardisation and eye for detail as an ICT Engineer is sought by a well-established, Engineering firm where you will join its Delivery team virtually designing and constructing a wide range of projects. Your ELV skills, inclusive of ICT, structured cabling systems, electronic security services and/or AV knowledge will see you working with the team to co-create engineering solutions digitally. The ideal candidate will require a BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng in Electrical Engineering or Telecommunications, at least 5 years relevant experience in the ICT environment, within the built environment, preferably within a Consulting Engineering business. You must also have a strong background in ICT design including structured cabling, ICT systems, LAN/ WAN /active networking, structured cabling, wireless/radio, CCTV and Electronic Access Control and Alarm Systems with prior exposure to datacentre, stadiums, education, healthcare, and other commercial related projects.
- Provide leadership to a team of Digital Designers, Engineers, Technicians, and Modellers.
- Coordinate the design and virtual construction of the relevant building services designs forming part of projects such as data centres, education and sports facilities, hospitals, commercial buildings, and transport facilities.
- Manage and quality check deliverables (incl. modelling works, data/parameter management) carried out by global and multinational dispersed and remote teams.
- Co-ordinate with other disciplines.
- Facilitate virtual and mixed reality sessions for co-ordination and consultation purposes and be interested in the research and implementation of new BIM technology into project work.
- Maintain project records in accordance with internal quality system.
- Challenge the team to remain ahead of the technology curve, regarding technical trends, as well as design execution.
- BSc/MSc/ BEng/MEng in Electrical Engineering. Relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Electrical or Telecommunications (preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the ICT environment, within the built environment, preferably within a Consulting Engineering business.
- A strong background in ICT design including structured cabling, ICT systems, LAN/ WAN /active networking, structured cabling, wireless/radio, CCTV and Electronic Access Control and Alarm Systems.
- Previous exposure to datacentre, stadiums, education, healthcare, and other commercial related projects.
- Cisco CCNA, BICSI RCDD and Pr Eng Pathway Certifications.
- Uptime Institute Accredited Tier Designer (ATD).
- Experience with Audio Visual, GRMS (Guest Room Management System), Meeting Room Management systems, Integrated BMS (Building Management System), IoT (Converged Networks) and Network Topology Design.
- International project experience (outside Africa).
- Smart building ICN knowledge.
- A passion for design data management and coding.
- BIM and Revit experience.
- A willingness to learn and investigate technological systems.
- A strong interest in working on innovative and complex projects.