Hotel Deputy General Manager
Cape Town – Western Cape
Our client, located just outside Franschhoek, seeks an exceptional Deputy Hotel GM with a passion for managing all hotel aspects, including additional food and beverage duties. The ideal candidate should be an experienced, professional, and driven individual with excellent interpersonal and administrative skills. A hospitality degree, and a minimum of five years’ experience in the food and beverage industry, are required.
- Assisting the Hotel GM to manage the overall day-to-day hotel operations, as well as the food and beverage outlets on the farm.
- Assist the Hotel GM to manage sales and marketing, housekeeping, front desk (including all reception and
- concierge staff and operations), food and beverage, Chef/kitchen, leisure, human resources, accounts, and other aspects as required.
- Adhere to agreed budgets and maintain applicable quality standards and records.
- Quality control of all aspects, including hygiene and health and safety.
- Meet your targets and those of the hotel.
- Contribute to the training and development of the hotel team.
- Adhere to statutory obligations and agreed-upon quality and best-practice guidelines.
- Train the hotel team to confidently resolve customer queries.
- Manage customers’ expectations, and deal with and resolve all queries.
- A hospitality degree.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the Food and Beverage Industry.
- Experience in managing more than one restaurant simultaneously will be advantageous.
- Good understanding of management principles and proven experience of working in the hotel industry.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to assist in motivating and developing a hotel service team.
- Genuine desire to serve the needs of customers, with a strong personal responsibility for achieving customer satisfaction.
- Proven project management skills.
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organisational, and communication skills.
- Good conflict management and problem-solving skills.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Ability to work under pressure.