Hotel Deputy General Manager (Franschhoek)
Cape Town – Western Cape
OUR client, nestled in the picturesque wine valley of Franschhoek, seeks your passion for exceptional Hospitality to be its next Hotel Deputy General Manager. The position also involves additional food and beverage duties, HR, Accounts, quality control and contributing to the training and development of the Hotel team. The ideal candidate must possess a suitable Hospitality Degree with at least 5 years’ Food & Beverage industry experience including proven work experience within the Hotel industry. If you have managed more than one restaurant simultaneously it will prove beneficial. You will require a solid understanding of Management principles with strong leadership and a genuine desire to serve the needs of customers and the drive to ensure customer satisfaction. You must also be highly professional with excellent interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Assist the Hotel GM to –
- Manage the overall day-to-day Hotel operations, as well as the food and beverage outlets on the farm.
- Manage sales and marketing, housekeeping, front desk (including all reception and concierge staff and operations), food and beverage, Chef/kitchen, leisure, human resources, accounts, and other aspects as required.
- Adhere to agreed budgets and maintain applicable quality standards and records.
- Quality control of all aspects, including hygiene and health and safety.
- Meet your targets and those of the hotel as a whole.
- Contribute to the training and development of the Hotel team.
- Adhere to statutory obligations and agreed-upon quality and best-practice guidelines.
- Train the Hotel team to confidently resolve customer queries.
- Manage customers’ expectations, and deal with and resolve all queries.
- A Hospitality Degree.
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Food and Beverage Industry.
- Experience managing more than one restaurant simultaneously will be advantageous.
- Good understanding of management principles and proven experience of working in the Hotel industry.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to assist in motivating and developing a hotel service team.
- Genuine desire to serve the needs of customers, with a strong personal responsibility for achieving customer satisfaction.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organisational, and communication skills.
- Good conflict management and problem-solving skills.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Proven Project Management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.