Head of PPC (JHB)
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A results-based Marketing agency based in Johannesburg is looking for a Head of PPC and Search Engine Marketing.
In this role you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all our PPC clients paid media, content and channels and reporting back on these with data-driven insights. You will be responsible for leading a small team who will assist with keyword research, tracking results and monitoring results. You will also be well versed in the principles of SEO, search engine optimisation and analysis. As the Head of Search Engine Marketing, you will oversee each brand and the vision and growth for each brand, including paid media strategy creation, understanding and implementation, technical knowledge sharing and problem solving with clients and our internal team. You will ensure you maximize ROI, drive traffic and customers for all our clients.
- Overseeing all paid media for PPC clients across the agency.
- Creating & executing SEM strategies for clients.
- Forecasting with budgets and possible results based on budgets.
- Manage a team of juniors who assist with SEM, including hands on training and feedback.
- Execute tests, collect and analyse data, and identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns.
- Track, report, and analyse website analytics and PPC initiatives and campaigns.
- Creating & testing audiences.
- Building PPC campaigns from scratch.
- Advising internal team, juniors, and clients on campaigns, creative and results/issues.
- Implementing GA4 on client’s websites.
- Pulling and collating data from multiple sources.
- Creating media plans.
- Meeting and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Being on-hand to explain results and data to a client or colleague.
- Technical assistance on pitches.
- Manage campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs, and reconciling discrepancies.
- Optimize copy and landing pages for paid search engine marketing campaigns.
- Perform ongoing paid keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization.
- Research and analyse competitors and advertising links.
- 4+ years of experience in digital media marketing.
- 6+ years of experience in running paid media specifically.
- Google ads certified.
- Google Data Studio & SEM Rush.
- Google Tag Manager.
- Proven experience as a PPC Manager & running a team.
- Experience in data analysis and reporting.
- Well-versed in the principles of search engine marketing (SEM).
- Experience with google ads: Search, display, and shopping, discovery, performance, max, YouTube.
- Working knowledge of analytics tools, including the implementation of tracking on websites.
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in search engine marketing.
- Extensive experience with Google Tag manager implementations and custom event setup.
- Comfortable navigating WordPress.
- Proficiency in Excel completely essential.
- Analytical thinking with strong math skills.
- Strong computer skills.
BS/MS degree in Marketing or a quantitative, test-driven field.