Head of Enterprise Architecture and Data Governance / CTO
CEO/CIO/CTO/COO ~ IT – Infrastructure
Cape Town – Western Cape
- Responsible for defining application reference architectures that turn business and technology strategic needs into actionable solutions.
- Act as SME (Subject Matter Expert) for platform development in AWS and other cloud Environments. This position will play a critical role in defining the next generation on premise and cloud architecture including API management, micro services, PaaS and containerization.
- Work hands-on to develop proof-of-concepts (POC) to identify viable options for implementing technology capability needs that support the business. This role will implement when necessary, technology standards, technology stacks, security controls, and governance standards.
- Develop a system to create and maintain technical documentation for all information technology systems and infrastructure.
- Develop standards, across the whole technology spectrum that support the business vision and strategies of the group.
- Responsible for all technology solutions, that will be designed, within the constraints of internal standards, budgets and in house technical skill sets.
- Work with senior management to constantly enhance the technology footprint and service offerings.
- Stay abreast in advances in Information security tools and best practice models.
- Develop KPIs and management dashboards that measure and report on the overall performance of the EA function.
- Champion and educate the organisation about the latest technology advances and their potential usage.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Technical certifications such as Microsoft’s MCSE or Cisco Advanced Certifications highly desirable.
- Architecting systems that are highly available, decoupled, saleable, and designed for unpredictable and high traffic loads.
- Strong background in leading people and teams.
- Experience in Low Code/No Code development platforms (i.e., Mendix).
- PaaS / Serverless Computing – AWS Lambda.
- Knowledge of containers & microservices, and how to leverage and implement.
- Design and implementation of SOA platforms.
- Cloud based PaaS, IaaS platforms such as Amazon AWS.
- Linux operating system – Ubuntu, AWS, RedHat.
- Deep understanding of information technology best practice models. (COBIT, ITIL, etc.).
- High-level understanding of the importance and requirements of the IT security Infrastructure.
- Demonstrated skills in managing and providing advanced technical support in a complex and dynamic environment involving multiple applications and computer platforms.
- Detailed understanding of Local and Wide Area Networks and their components.
- Detailed understanding of personal computer server and workstation architecture and configuration.
- Negotiating and managing large vendor services, maintenance contracts, and license agreements.
- Demonstrated skills in department level budget development and fiscal management.
- Proven success in meeting or exceeding customer needs.
- Outstanding Project Management.
- The ability to create a system to create and maintain technical documentation for all systems and infrastructure.
- Experience in Manufacturing or Automotive industry a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively partner with all internal functional areas with external vendors and customers.
- Strong communicator / self-starter/ ability to partner / Earn trust.
- Self-educates in current trending technologies.