Head of Digital Strategy
Cape Town – Western Cape
ARE you an experienced Digital Strategist wanting to flex your muscles & work on not only local but established global brands? Then our client, a reputable Digital Agency wants your to be its next Head of Digital Strategy to utilise your passion for all things digital & data, coupled with your forward-thinking, to help clients with innovative strategies while partnering with various departments and teams to feed into integrated marketing goals. Ultimately you will help them navigate the landscape by providing the insight that drives thinking that delivers real business results. The successful candidate must possess a suitable Degree in Advertising/Marketing/Communication Science or equivalent, have proven work experience as a Digital Marketing Strategist or Digital Marketing Manager, a solid understanding of the South African market across demographics and how this relates to digital channels and communications. You must also be comfortable with MAC, Microsoft Office products and Google products & have experience with tools such as
Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Data Studio, Search Console and experience with similar tools to Falcon, Brandwatch, GWI.
- Direct strategic thinking for Digital within the agency and with clients.
- Have a clear understanding of clients, their business and their brands.
- Present to C-suite clients and lead digital discussions while engaging them with thought leadership to develop trust and credibility for the agency.
- Ideally be the go-to person in the agency for insights and recommendations.
- Drive digital innovation by staying on top of new developments.
- Proactively create strategies, measurement plans and/or proposals to add value to teams and clients.
- Produce reports, research, analysis, audits, planning, pitches, strategy documents and any other output required to help teams and clients meet their goals.
- Work examples can include behaviour analysis, customer persona and segmentation, landscape analysis, social media listening, website evaluations, usability reviews, communication planning, search engine optimisation and/or identifying channel purpose with supporting launch plans.
- The work you produce will cover but not be limited to website, app, e-Commerce, SEO, social, content, influencer, direct, eCRM, performance and any emerging channels.
- Actively conduct competitor, industry and digital landscape reviews.
Output Management –
- Connect with Client Service & Creatives to ensure strategy is being implemented effectively or provide strategic input to pivot based on active requirements.
- Responsible for all client and agency data points including the set-up, maintenance, management and access thereof.
- Communicate and liaise with external suppliers and/or key stakeholders (like Paid Media agencies) to ensure alignment, teamwork and integration.
- Review department output on a regular basis to ensure the effective health of channels and promotions.
Team Management –
- Manage and grow the Digital Strategy team which currently includes Digital Strategists, SEO Analysts and Data Analysts.
- Mentor team within their specialisms as well grow their skills and confidence.
- Ensure effective delegation of work and manage teams’ capacity, manage expectations and source specialty resources as-and-when necessary.
- Review and sign off on all work done by the team and provide meaningful feedback to ensure all output is of the highest standard.
- Conduct performance reviews while setting achievable goals and assist with career mapping.
- Relevant Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communication Science or equivalent.
- Proven work experience as a Digital Marketing Strategist or Digital Marketing Manager including having managed a team.
- Understanding of the South African market across demographics and how this relates to digital channels and communications.
- Deep understanding of the various Digital Marketing channels and how to use them differently to achieve campaign and business objectives.
- Comfortable with MAC, Microsoft Office products and Google products.
- Experience with tools like Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Data Studio, Search Console and experience with similar tools to Falcon, Brandwatch, GWI, Similar Web, AWR, Screaming Frog and Stellar – ultimately display a firm grasp of emerging digital tools.
- Experience with retail brands.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised, deadline driven and confident in a fast-paced environment.