Group IT Business Support Specialist
IT – Support ~ Media/Marketing/Sales
Cape Town – Western Cape
SERVE as the liaison between IT and specified business units, ensuring smooth communication, collaboration, and Project Management for effective IT solutions as the next Group IT Business Support Specialist sought by
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships and facilitate effective collaboration.
- Strong Customer Service orientation.
Problem-solving skills to identify I a dynamic Consultancy in Cape Town. You will conduct requirement analysis, prepare, and present cost proposals for modified or replacement systems; participate in Project meetings and contribute to decision-making processes & lead technical implementation projects. The successful incumbent must possess a suitable University Degree or equivalent tertiary qualification or equivalent relevant working experience including prior experience in an IT Business Support Partner, Business Systems Analysis or related role. You also need solid knowledge of Project Management (Agile), ICT Infrastructure (Cloud), Telecommunications (voice and data networks) technology (e.g., MPLS, VPN, SD WAN, SIP trunking) & Genesys, Citrix, MS Azure, IVR self-service, automation, digital channel integration, interaction analytics etc.).
- Collaborate with business unit leaders to understand their IT needs and provide guidance on potential solutions.
- Conduct requirement analysis, prepare, and present cost proposals for modified or replacement systems.
- Translate business requirements into actionable IT projects and initiatives and into highly specified project briefs.
- Break (system implementation) projects into logical tasks appropriate for IT Implementation Specialists to implement.
- Assist in writing business requirements and test procedures for projects.
- Lead technical implementation projects end-to-end and lead the IT workstreams in global business projects.
- Provide comprehensive documentation and reporting based on the organisation’s agreed project methodology.
- Ensure effective communication between IT Project teams and business users and ensure IT updates to business unit members.
- Participate in Project meetings and contribute to decision-making processes.
- Assist in the preparation of RfPs released by Global IT.
- Support the development of the service portfolio through definition and preparation of actions relating to new service implementation, service adjustments and service decommission.
- Perform other duties consistent with the position.
- University Degree in a relevant discipline or other equivalent tertiary qualification or equivalent relevant working experience.
- Prior experience in an IT Business Support Partner, Business Systems Analysis or related role.
- Well-developed understanding of Project Management methodologies (Agile) and the service delivery mode (ITIL).
- Well-developed knowledge of ICT infrastructure (e.g., Cloud).
- Well-developed knowledge of Telecommunications (voice and data networks) technology (e.g., MPLS, VPN, SD WAN, SIP trunking)
- Well-developed understanding and experience in developing and supporting service centre IT environments (Genesys, Citrix, MS Azure, IVR self-service, automation, digital channel integration, interaction analytics etc.).
- Deep understanding of upstream/downstream impact of system changes and ability to make multiple recommendations on how to improve the business processes/workflow.
- Very high proficiency in English language (both written and verbal).
- T solutions aligned with business needs.
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in a dynamic IT environment.
- Able to work effectively in a team.
- Highly developed negotiation skills.
- Ability to drive virtual global Project teams and related outcomes.
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and proactive approach.