Graduate Account Executive
Cape Town – Western Cape
A UK-based Independent Digital Marketing Agency seeks an ambitious & highly motivated Graduate Account Executive with an analytical aptitude whose core role will be to support the wider team with daily delivery of Search and Paid Social campaigns. You will also assist with pacing, reporting and optimisation of search campaigns in order to deliver against client volume and efficiency targets. You will require a basic understanding of Search principles, how the markets operate and how other media can influence Search, Social and Display, the principles of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and the optimisation and research tools available in the market. You will also need to be articulate, both when speaking to clients, writing documents and analysing results. It also requires initiative and pro-activity in helping accounts grow, increasing efficiencies and identifying new client opportunities.
- Be aware of your clients’ business targets and goals.
- Assist in planning campaigns to deliver against targets and client marketing objectives.
- Assist with day – to day optimisation and take responsibility for pacing of client budgets.
- Keep clients up to date on day-to-day changes in campaign performance and issues when required.
- Incorporate testing into Paid Search & Paid Social campaigns – for example ad copy testing, Landing page testing, day-part targeting, keyword expansion etc.
- Take responsibility for the production of results and competitive analysis – Reporting campaign performance on a weekly and monthly basis, (with fair support from Search and Display Executives).
- Identify new initiatives and opportunities on client accounts – for example, by testing landing pages, utilising the Google Display Network.
- Deliver a coherent commentary on results each week – including a summary of performance, key influences, campaign optimisation, market forces and competitive positioning.
- Attend status meetings, results meetings and produce contact reports to ensure all meeting outcomes are reported and delivered against.
- Support Account Executives, Account Managers and Account Directors in delivering effective client service.
- Liaise with relevant departments to deliver effective Account Management.
- Receive on the job training and workshops and internal/external training sessions, including Excel.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of other departments/services.
- Keep abreast of any developments in the Search and Social landscapes.
- Gain and develop experience in other media, such as SEO and Display.
- Gain knowledge and experience of using Campaign Management tools – for example, DoubleClick, Analytics packages such as Google Analytics and Omniture, as well as market Research and Display tools including Google Insights for Search and Display.
- Improve knowledge of client business to ensure greater appreciation of Search and Display delivery in the overall mix.
- Demonstrate a solid competency of using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Be administratively competent.
- A basic understanding of how other media can influence Search, Social and Display, the principles of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and the optimisation and research tools available in the market – when they should be used and their relative strengths and limitations.
- Initiative and proactive.
- Analytical and numerate.
- Articulate to speak to clients.