General Manager: IT Services
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
SERVE as both the technology & business expert, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of a dynamic ICT Specialist seeking an ambitious General Manager who will head up the IT Services division. Working closely with technical teams, you will help ensure critical new solutions are appropriately scheduled for certification and working with the New Business Development Manager & the Sales team. You will also develop policies and procedures and strategies to increase revenue, along with performing cost-benefit analysis and return-on-investment analysis, in-line with the company’s vision. You will require Grade 12/Matric, ICT, Software and/or Telecom related Degree, 10 years’ Senior Management experience including storage administration of enterprise storage configurations manufactured by OEMs such as Dell EMC, IBM, HP, Huawei and Oracle.
- Achieve Sales Plan objectives by actively selling solution and service offerings through –
- Prospecting new accounts.
- Developing and maintaining customer support.
- Identifying customer requirements.
- Performing customer care calls to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full services offering, and align to provide a solution. Ensure a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Develop, align and execute department strategy with the company’s overall strategy.
- Create added value for the customers and ensure the successful outcome of transactions, contracts, and proposals by using effective sales techniques. Communicate details in accordance with offering and strategy (delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions).
- Ensure efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
- Identify and drive the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensure know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Plan, organise, schedule, and supervise the day-to-day technical support activities, including troubleshooting, customer service issues, approvals, and installations.
- Measure, monitor, and maintain team’s ability to meet or exceed contact and resolution Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Lead the development, management, and execution of the ICT strategy and provide input into the overall strategy, policy, and decision-making direction.
- Ensure the alignment of the ICT strategy with the requirements of all relevant Business Units through the development and execution of strategic performance agreements.
- Set and drive comprehensive goals and objectives for performance to support strategy and objectives.
- Develop and execute a multi-faceted plan to creating, sharing, and managing the knowledge/information across.
- Develop and execute the ICT Operational plan, ICT Disaster Recovery plan, ICT infrastructure, and Governance plan to meet capacity and requirements in line with the overall plans.
- Ensure the mitigation of ICT Management’s risk profile through the application of fraud controls and risk prevention principles and implementing sound governance and compliance processes and tools to identify and manage risks.
- Responsible for the coordination and maintenance of quality risk management in line with Accreditation and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor changes in legislation and the regulatory environment and ensure that appropriate operational controls are implemented to address new requirements.
- Lead the overall financial performance and improvement of efficiency in service delivery within the ICT environment.
- Develop and manage financial planning, forecasting, and budgeting that will be used to initiate, drive, and implement all ICT-related initiatives in line with the business strategy.
- Facilitate alignment of the team; managing non-performance, driving a customer-centric performance culture, setting appropriate KPA’s and ensure the cascading thereof throughout the ICT environment and driving their achievement; inspiring commitment; encouraging mutual support, and enabling development opportunities.
- Identify and mitigate internal systems and procedural barriers to enhance excellent customer service.
- Build and maintain effective internal and external stakeholder relationships for the purpose of expectations management, knowledge sharing, and integration, and to manage company reputation
- Build and manage strategic supplier database. Ensure at all times that supplier and product requirements are met.
- Develop and implement processes within the department and ensure alignment with the company’s vision and mission.
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12/Matric).
- Bachelor, Honours, Masters or Doctorate Degree in ICT, Software and/or Telecom.
- PRINCE2/PMP/PMI Certification.
- Dell Accreditation in Storage and Back-up.
- 10 Years’ Senior Management experience.
- Proven track record and ability to formulate and execute ICT strategy and operational plans at organisational level.
- Proven track record in managing ICT operations at an organisational level.
- Practical understanding of virtualization, Big Data, security, data storage, private cloud and hyper-converged solutions, as well as the solution’s value when mapped to an account’s business needs.
- Experience with hosting and hardware platforms, middleware solutions and hosting services related to servers, virtualization, storage and backup, database technologies and enterprise applications.
- Thorough understanding of storage and backup design, specifications, and testing methodologies.
- Experience in storage administration of enterprise storage configurations manufactured by OEMs such as Dell EMC, IBM, HP, Huawei and Oracle.
- Experience in managing integrated ICT functions inclusive of ICT infrastructure, ICT applications, Business Intelligence, ICT Architecture.
- Leadership experience in a 24×7 operation supporting physical IT infrastructure (compute, network, storage).
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with ability to coordinate work activities with remote teams.
- Strong analytical and conceptualization skills (e.g., the ability to “join the dots”, and communicate this at multiple levels).
- Working effectively within local and distributed teams.
- Excellent planning, interpersonal, problem solving, leadership skills.
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy.
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning.
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research.
- Effective and productive collaborator to drive cross-functional initiatives.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to facilitate data-driven decision-making, with a proven track record of iteration and experimentation.
- Must have an executive presence and proven leadership skills to apply when partnering and engaging with executive-level leaders with constructive confrontation and collaboration.