Functional Consultant (CPT/JHB/DBN)
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng ~ Durban – KwaZulu Natal
A proactive Internet Service & Network Specialist is in search of a Functional Consultant. The role involves offering technical and functional assistance for the OpenText Content Suite Platform (also known as Content Lifecycle Management). This position encompasses regular operational support as well as participation in project activities such as installation, configuration, and upgrades. The ideal candidate should possess a relevant IT degree and must hold current OpenText certifications, including Content Server Business Consultant, Content Server Administrator, and Archive Server. Furthermore, the candidate should demonstrate their ability to effectively support and resolve issues with existing installations. This role would be based in either Cape Town, Johannesburg or Durban.
- The role is accountable for the effective technical implementation and support of technologies to their customers as a consultant.
- The position is accountable to both the Project Manager and Service delivery manager for line function and through Project, Program and Operations Management for project delivery.
Critical Requirements – Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Matric or Grade 12 Essential
- Relevant IT Degree
- Current OpenText certification (Content Server Business Consultant, Content Server Administrator, and Archive Server) is required along with the demonstrated ability to practically support and troubleshoot existing installations.
- Knowledge of associated products – e.g., Application Governance and Archiving for SharePoint, Email Management, OpenText Everywhere, Tempo, Portal, Enterprise Process Services, Web Experience Management and Extended ECM would be advantageous.
- It is required that the successful candidate will demonstrate a solid understanding of networking technologies and principles to support the technical function of the role– including, but not limited to: TCP/IP networking, Directory Services (Active Directory), Virtualisation (VMware and/or Hyper-V), database (MS-SQL and/or Oracle) and operating systems (mostly Windows, some LINUX).
- The successful candidate will preferably be able to demonstrate a practical understanding of current technology frameworks- principally ITIL and understand the fundamentals of Project Management to operate successfully within the environment.
- The ability to contribute to both functional teams and multi-disciplinary project teams is required. Furthermore, the role requires the ability to create and maintain technical documentation- both internal and client facing.
- Understanding of Highly Available component design
- Ability to design solutions
- In addition to technical ability, the successful candidate will be an effective communicator with both colleagues and clients.
- Ensure professionalism with client engagements