Functional Consultant (SAP Material Management) (JHB)
IT – Analyst, Data Management ~ Product/Project management
Johannesburg – Gauteng
CONFIGURE and test SAP Material Management functions and module solutions, as well as troubleshooting and resolution of technical problems as the next Functional Consultant sought by a Retail and Consumer Finance Concern in Joburg to join its team. You will also write functional and test specifications, as well as training and testing material while providing user support and assistance for 3rd Level incidents and resolving business as usual issues aligned to operations and service processes. The successful incumbent will have an ITIL 3 Certification with 3+ years SAP design and configuration experience including Retail SAP architecture, implementation and operations & SAP Master Data module and have 2+ years Agile experience (e.g., sprint planning, stand-up) with proficiency in Advanced Excel and Visio.
- Make recommendations to optimise SAP Material Management processes, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all IT Governance Frameworks including policies, procedures, processes and standards.
- Identify suitable solutions to new and existing business requirements (changes and projects), and ensure effective resolution of problems and incidents –
- Solution design, analysis, configuration and development:
- Portfolio Support Management
- Project & Change Management
- Produce portfolio and status reporting in a timely manner and aligned to the agreed communications plan for all relevant stakeholders –
- Effective data reporting
- Effective communication
- Update and maintain known error database, knowledge base, configuration database as well as testing and training material, and implement a continuous improvement plan to improve the portfolio solutions –
- Quality Assurance
- Continuous Improvement
- Effectively manage and develop self to deliver on agreed individual and team objectives.
- Certified in ITIL 3.
- 3+ Years SAP design and configuration experience.
- 2+ Years Agile experience (e.g., sprint planning, stand-up).
- Functional knowledge of SAP MM and integration with other SAP modules (WM, Master Data).
- Knowledge of –
- Retail Merchandising Processes.
- Retail SAP architecture, implementation and operations.
- SAP Master Data module.
- Development concepts, guidelines and SAP architecture.
- And application of relevant IT best practices.
- IT Service Management principles and frameworks (ITIL 3).
- Project and Programme Management including methods and tools.
- Retail industry models.
- MS Office proficiency with Advanced Excel and Visio.
- Working with Business Process/Activity Owners in understanding business requirement and solution design.
- Documenting functional and technical specifications.
- Experience in preparation of business cases, business process.
- Driving change.
- Stakeholder Management.
- 3-Year IT related Degree.
- Certified in TOGAF, Agile Methodologies.
- Certified in COBIT, Prince II.
- SAP Specialist Certification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial acumen.
- Personal resilience.
- Energy and drive.
- Customer orientation.
- Team player.
- Excellence orientation.