Functional Consultant (Sales & Distribution) (JHB)
IT – Analyst, Data Management ~ Media/Marketing/Sales ~ Supply Chain/Logistics
Johannesburg – Gauteng
CONFIGURE and test SAP Sales and Distribution functions and module solutions, as well as troubleshooting and resolution of technical problems as the next Functional Consultant sought by a Joburg-based Retail and Consumer Finance Concern. You will also be expected to write functional and test specifications, as well as training and testing material while providing user support and assistance for 3rd level incidents and resolving business as usual issues aligned to operations and service processes. You will need to be ITIL 3 Certified and have 4+ years SAP design and configuration experience including Functional knowledge of SAP SD (Pricing, ATP, Credit Management, Product Proposal, Consignments) including interfaces, data migration and integration with POS and POSDM modules & a solid understanding of development concepts, guidelines and SAP architecture. You must also have 2+ years Agile experience (e.g., sprint planning, stand-up).
- Make recommendations to optimise SAP Sales and Distribution processes, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all IT Governance Frameworks including policies, procedures, processes and standards.
- Identify suitable solutions to new and existing business requirements (changes and projects), and ensure effective resolution of problems and incidents –
- Solution design, analysis, configuration and development
- Portfolio Support Management
- Project & Change Management
- Produce portfolio and status reporting in a timely manner and aligned to the agreed communications plan for all relevant stakeholders –
- Effective data reporting
- Effective communication
- Update and maintain known error database, knowledge base, configuration database as well as testing and training material, and implement a continuous improvement plan to improve the portfolio solutions –
- Quality Assurance
- Continuous Improvement
- Effectively manage and develop self to deliver on agreed individual and team objectives.
- Certified in ITIL 3.
- 4+ Years SAP design and configuration experience.
- 2+ Years Agile experience (e.g., sprint planning, stand-up).
- Functional knowledge of SAP SD (Pricing, ATP, Credit Management, Product Proposal, Consignments) including interfaces, data migration and integration with POS and POSDM modules.
- Understanding of development concepts, guidelines and SAP architecture.
- Knowledge and experience of –
- Retail SAP architecture, implementation and operations.
- Application of relevant IT best practices.
- IT Service Management principles and frameworks (ITIL 3).
- Project Management including methods and tools.
- Retail industry models.
- Working with business process/activity owners in understanding business requirement and solution design.
- Documenting functional and technical specifications.
- Communicate SAP capabilities/possibilities within the SD module.
- Experience in preparation of business cases, business process.
- 3-Year IT related Degree.
- Certified in TOGAF, Agile Methodologies.
- Certified in COBIT, Prince II.
- SAP Specialist Certification – SD or FICO.
- Driving change.
- Stakeholder Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial acumen.
- Personal resilience.
- Energy and drive.
- Customer orientation.
- Team player.
- Excellence orientation.
- Influencing others.