Functional Consultant (Dynamics 365) Contractor (Contract) (Remote)
IT – Software Testing
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng ~ Durban – KwaZulu Natal ~ Remote
A UK-based provider of Data-Centric Business Solutions is seeking a Functional Consultant (Dynamics 365) to join their team. The functional consultants play a critical role in driving productivity for the company’s digital transformation engine. They handle everything from analyzing needs to designing, building, testing, and releasing solutions, making their work diverse and engaging. As a Dynamics 365/Power Platform expert, you’ll guide the organization to extract maximum value from the platform. You’ll be expected to provide constructive feedback and forward-thinking, resilient solutions. Working within an agile, product-focused team of experts, you’ll help deliver innovative solutions to complex requirements using Microsoft products. You’ll need to be adaptable, quick to learn, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing requirements.
- Create or analyse to-be business processes to support requirement creation.
- Run requirements gathering workshops to elaborate requirements.
- Document requirements as user stories with accompanying acceptance criteria.
- Influence stakeholders to align processes with out-of-the-box capabilities, where practical
- Perform gap analysis against existing solutions.
- Work with architects and developers to create functional designs that follow best practice.
- Build proof-of-concept/prototype solutions as required and in line with architectural/build standards.
- Configure software in line with solution designs and architectural/build standards.
- Plan and conduct train-the-trainer or user training sessions.
- Engage and manage stakeholders, build relationships.
- Identify and escalate risks, assumptions, and issues.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in the PowerPlatform, Dynamics 365, and associated technologies.
- A talent for building professional relationships and a productive rapport.
- A desire to improve your productivity and the productivity of those around you.
- 5+ years’ experience with Dynamics 365 customisation/configuration.
- Comprehensive understanding of PowerPlatform/Dataverse extensibility.
- A good understanding of the broader Microsoft stack.
- (ideal) Experience with Agile implementations.
- (ideal) Dynamics 365 certifications.
- (ideal) Exposure to GIT change tracking processes.
- Passion, eagerness, and professionalism.
- Strong communication/consulting skills, facilitating productive engagement with stakeholders from end-user to C-level.