Fullstack Magento Developer
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
A thriving e-Commerce Solution Company in Cape Town is looking for a talented and driven backend/Full Stack Magento Developer with extensive PHP experience, who can thrive in our fast-paced and agile environment. As part of our development team, you will play a key role in building and maintaining a variety of e-commerce sites for an extensive client portfolio. You must have a diploma or degree / NQF level 6 or 7 in IT or Computer Science, official Microsoft/Sun certificates and 3+ years PHP experience. Have experience with RequireJS, KnockoutJs, jQuery, Symfony, Composer, Less, CSS, Grunt, MySQL, XML and PHPUnit preferred, Cloudflare / CDN experience, API-based service integrations and extensions experience and Magento Certifications are advantageous.
Delivery of Solutions:
- Building and configuring multiple eCommerce websites.
- Coding of the Magento templates with functional design in collaboration with
- CRM, Client experience and performance teams.
- Developing Magento modules in PHP using best practices.
- Designing themes and interfaces.
- Troubleshooting integration issues.
- Updating website features and security patches.
- Building modules and customising extensions.
- Setup and configure dev environment components such as Redis, Memcache, Varnish, New Relic, with 3rd party custom software integrations.
- Code deploys via Github. Pushing and pulling code to environments.
Achievement of Project and Task Assignments:
- Engage with various CRM, performance and collaborating team members to manage specific processes within the development lifecycle.
- Setting and delivery of performance tasks and goals.
- Meeting project and retainer deadlines and budgets.
- Testing site performance and performing Code sign off/review before commits created in Github.
- Code releases from development environments to production on a live release schedule.
Customer and Team support:
- Maintaining Site security.
- Backend debugging and programming for problem resolution.
- Feature updates.
- Working to support the rest of the dev team with complex issues.
- Assign, action and monitor customer support cases.
- Communicating effectively and reliably around tasks, deliverables etc.
- Diploma or degree / NQF level 6 or 7 in IT or Computer Science, official Microsoft/Sun certificates.
- PHP 3+ years of experience.
- Full software development cycle, from planning to deployment.
- Experienced with Git and/or SDN pushing/pulling code to development environments.
- Develop full stack on modern LAMP frameworks with clean, self-documenting, and well documented code, experience with RequireJS, KnockoutJs, jQuery, Symfony, Composer, Less, CSS, Grunt, MySQL, XML and PHPUnit preferred.
- Cloudflare // CDN experience.
- API-based service integrations and extensions experience is advantageous.
- Magento Certifications is advantageous.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to research solutions via various online platforms i.e., Stack Exchange.
- PHP development with strong object-oriented programming knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Extensive LESS & CSS knowledge.
- Critical and Systematic thinker.
- Teamwork and collaborator.
- Resilient and stress management.
- Performance and results driven.
- Quality and detail excellence.
- Hardworking and never give up attitude.
- Reliable & good communicator.
- Leadership skills.
- Planning and Prioritising.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle related administrative tasks.