Full Stack BI Developer (JHB Hybrid)
IT – Software Development
Johannesburg – Gauteng
- Closely follow project plan to develop software.
- Multitask on a range of projects and tasks simultaneously, defining priorities and ensuring efficiency.
- Meet deadlines and timelines as determined in the planning phase.
- Adhere to agreed upon standards for code, as set and determined by the relevant Development Project Manager.
- Generate and maintain effective and efficient high-quality code.
- Use effective and efficient components and techniques to implement solutions.
- Ensure all work is versioned and backed up according to company standards.
- Support and maintain current and legacy products (bug fixing).
- Provide timeous, efficient, and effective feedback on project status to development project managers and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other developers and testing department to ensure that all work is tested, benchmarked, and fulfils functional requirements before submission.
- Matric / Grade 12 Certificate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar field (Optional but advantageous).
- Minimum experience of 5 years Reporting Development.
- Experience working in an Agile Team.
Must be familiar with and be able to demonstrate:
- SQL Server querying. Working with complex LINQ queries.
- Working within C# solutions in Visual Studio.
- Working with source control (SVN preferred).
- Working with and displaying an understanding of complex datasets.
- MVC Based solutions in Visual Studio.
- Telerik Kendo visual components.
- Pivot Tables (in Excel, Telerik or other visual components).
- Proactive and able to follow instructions clearly to complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Inquisitive by nature investigating and understanding their project fully and willing to take on responsibility for code and reports developed.