Front End Developer
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
THE coding talents of a Front End Developer with solid experience developing applications in modern front-end frameworks who understands good application design is sought by a global Telecommunications Service Provider to join its team. You will help to develop a new and exciting service offering being launched into the market. You will also be responsible for translating business requirements into code while giving input on architectural decisions and design choices. You will require 3 years’ experience in a similar role with experience using Functional/Object Orientated development, React, Angular, RESTful/Hypermedia, MVC, MVW, DDD, OOD/OOA, GitLab, GitHub, Bootstrap, CSS3, HTML5 and its APS such as Canvas, Media, Storage, Service Workers.
- Participate in the daily stand-up meeting.
- Work together with the team to produce front-end components.
- Close cooperation with the Back-End Development team to implement front-end components.
- You will work on tasks ranging from critical hotfixes to epics spanning weeks of development.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Front-end Development with experience using design patterns like Functional or Object Orientated development.
- Deep understanding of API Patterns (RESTful/Hypermedia), the main algorithms and engineering design patterns (OOP, MVC, MVW, DDD, OOD/OOA).
- Thorough understanding of the GIT workflow processes, Git Management, ability to handle GitLab, GitHub and work with branches.
- A solid understanding of HTML5, CSS3, CSS pre-processors, Responsive Design, Cross-browser issues, browser compatibility issues and Bootstrap frameworks is required.
- Experience with HTML5 APIs such as Canvas, Media, Storage, Service Workers etc.
- A solid understanding of the full stack, including back-end component and API development in Python.
- A good understanding of Linux server management.
- Overall understanding of the Docker, Vagrant and related technology.
- WebGL experience.
- Able to work independently to deliver code with minimal management, knowing when to ask for help and when to push ahead to resolve it.