Senior Fraud Risk Analyst (SQL Essential)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
AN innovative Financial Services Group seeks Senior Fraud Risk Analyst whose core role will be to contribute to the management of Fraud by providing information and analytical support for the effective monitoring and control of risk exposure across a suite of consumer lending portfolios. You will require a Bachelor’s tertiary qualification in Commerce/Science or Humanities with a focus on Statistics/IT/Economics/Maths or similar. You will also need 5 years relevant work experience in the following: Credit Risk analysis on lending products, data manipulation and analysis using SAS, SQL or other data analysis tools & compiling reports based on information retrieved and analysed. You must also have Fraud experience and the strong ability to interpret data and communicate this to influence key stakeholders.
- Ongoing analysis to understand efficacy of current rule sets, to make changes to current rules sets and to suggest new rules which would typically involve input from multiple business areas including the Fraud Department.
- Ad hoc analyses to help understand and mitigate fraud events.
- Manage the transition from using fraud rules to using fraud scores. This could involve utilising Decision Science or a third party, depending on scope of work.
- Work closely with the Fraud Department and ensure that the Risk and Fraud Department are always aligned on any rule or fraud-tool changes.
- Engage with the wider business to present analyses to give reassurance that the fraud tools are being effectively utilised to mitigate fraud.
- An Honours qualification in Commerce, Science, or Humanities with a focus on Statistics, IT, Economics, Mathematics, or similar is essential.
At least 5 years’ experience in the following is essential:
- Credit Risk analysis on lending products.
- Data manipulation and analysis using SAS, SQL or other data analysis tools.
- Compilation of reports based on information retrieved and analysed.
- Fraud experience is essential.
- Business acumen.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to interpret data and communicate this to influence key stakeholders.
- Good planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to manage deadlines and expectations.
- Expert attention to detail.
- Quality control of output data.