FPGA Software Developer
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
AN innovative and exceptional FPGA Developer is sought by a fast-paced Software Specialist to join its team. Your core role will be to build and maintain high-end software and embedded systems. You should have a theoretical knowledge of the Object-Orientated Programming language that can be used in the real world. The ideal candidate must also possess a Higher Degree/Diploma in IT or related field, have 3+ years’ FPGA Development, proficiency in C, Python, Windows & Linux and experience with algorithms/data structures knowledge. You must be able to coordinate with other Devs for cross-functional requirements implementation and tests & have the ability to quickly create advanced software solutions that are relatively free from defect and are easily maintained.
- FPGA Programming and Integration.
- Systems Design.
- Documentation / Technical Authoring.
- Problem Solving.
- Research / Investigations.
- Service Level Monitoring.
- Systems Testing.
- User Support.
- Create Firmware for custom hardware designs.
- Code Versioning.
- Consult with internal stakeholders to determine the scope of Software Development projects.
- Collaborate with the Software Development team on application design and development.
- Develop software and oversee the deployment of applications across platforms.
- Perform diagnostic tests and debugging procedures.
- Create end-user application feedback channels.
- Optimize software by performing maintenance, updates, and upgrades.
- Keep up to date with standards and advancements in application development.
- Resolve issues proactively to deliver high quality products.
- Higher Degree or Diploma in IT or related field.
- 3+ Years FPGA Development experience.
- Knowledge of Best Practices.
- Proficiency in C and Python.
- Experience with algorithms/data structures knowledge.
- Software Development lifecycle experience.
- Experience with Windows and Linux.
- Coordination with other Developers for cross-functional requirements implementation and tests.
- The ability to quickly create advanced software solutions that are relatively free from defect and are easily maintained.
Preference will be given to candidates demonstrating competency in the following:
- Experience with managing large long-term projects mostly unaided.
- Real-time Multimedia and Embedded Development experience.
- Ethernet protocols.
- Excellent work ethics, punctual, enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Team player with the ability to work in small teams.