Financial Security Officer
Cape Town – Western Cape
AS a Financial Security Officer, you will be ensuring that the Company is conducting its activities in compliance with international best practices, internal policies, and current legislation. Responsibilities include providing guidance to the first line of defence concerning Financial Security topics, managing AML/ Sanctions and PEP alerts, performing the various KY- duties, as per internal procedures.
- Assist with implementation and organisation of the framework in terms of Anti Money-Laundering and Financial Sanctions, fighting against financial crimes and terrorism financing.
- Support the Company’s efforts to build consistent and comprehensive client knowledge framework, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Analyse compliance risks as a part of business relationships.
- Provide support to the business on the implementation of Financial Security projects.
- Initiate or participate in projects aimed at improving Compliance practices.
- Implement procedures and control plans for the application of statutory and Group obligations for Financial Security.
- Use, manage and keep abreast of developments in the relevant tools used for Financial Security.
- Ensure the effective implementation of Group required Sanctions and PEP lists.
- Produce and monitors implementation of action plans for first line of defence.
- Implement and monitor remediation projects linked to KYC and Financial Security, in close cooperation with the business.
- Implement the KY and Financial Security operating model in the context of the Compliance Transformation project and/or any new requirements issued by a Regulator or our shareholder.
- Carry out recurrent KY- reviews or once-off control assignments on a specific Compliance risk.
- Compliance Risk Assessment and escalation:
- Formalise Compliance risks by logging it on the relevant tool and including action plans based on information and alerts communicated by stakeholders.
- Support business development through reviewing and validating the compliance of new business, new products, services, or operations.
- Provide support, training, and guidance to the Business teams on compliance matters, communicating the rules applicable to them and contributing to their operational adaption ensuring procedures are implemented.
- Relevant qualification.
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience (AML, Financial Sanctions, KYC etc.).
- Strong awareness of the control environment within Financial Services.
- Exposure to dealing with Regulatory bodies.
- Excellent knowledge of the applicable regulatory framework, compliance issues and applicable laws pertaining to the business.
- Business acumen.
- Numeric and analytical skills.
- Innovation and solutions focus.
- Clarity and simplicity of communication.
- Strong presentation skills (written, verbal and presentation-related).
- Articulate, rational, coherent, and persuasive.
- Disciplined, business focused delivery and impact astute.
- Effective relationship management and collaboration skills.