Financial Manager (JHB)
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A dynamic Risk Management Specialist in Joburg seeks a highly professional and solutions-driven Financial Manager whose core role will be taking responsibility for all aspects of Reporting, as well as ensuring finance compliance with internal policies and procedures. Working closely with the Board of Directors, you will be involved in the analysis and reconciliation of financial information, executing on the financial strategy and in the development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls around Reporting. The successful incumbent will be AGA(SA) qualified with 3 years post Articles management experience including up to date knowledge on new IFRS standards and interpretations including preparation of technical accounting workpapers and South African Tax requirements i.e., Income Tax, VAT, etc. and Advanced Excel proficiency.
- Monthly preparation of financial reports detailing actual revenues/expenditure against forecast/budgets.
- Produce and present monthly financial reports for/to relevant stakeholders and executives.
- Prepare and consolidate annual budgets in collaboration with the Board of Directors and Functional Heads.
- Financial Modelling/Scenario Analysis.
- Involved in the maintenance/improvement and additions to the reporting tool (Fathom).
- Engage with external Auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance. Ensure appropriate external audit arrangements are in place and manage the audit process.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements relating to financial control, financial management and accounting.
- Produce annual financial reports and financial statements to agreed time scales to comply with the requirements of the company and the South African legal framework.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to finance policies, procedures and systems across all teams.
- Maintain current standing with all mandated local tax requirements, including submissions of payments and reports. Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns.
- Manage the Bookkeeper.
- Assist with processing quotations, sales invoices, purchase orders and purchase invoices.
- Load payments on bank as well as new recipients and verify proof of banking.
- Assist in getting all details needed for B-BBEE certification.
- Creation of Fixed Assets in Xero.
- Process manual journals.
- Ad-hoc projects.
- 3 Years post Articles management experience.
- Experience in the preparation and finalisation of accounts in accordance with IFRS.
- Up to date knowledge on new IFRS standards and interpretations including preparation of technical accounting workpapers.
- Up to date knowledge with South African Tax requirements i.e., Income Tax, VAT, etc.
- Experience in budget preparation and reporting.
- Knowledge of strategic and financial planning including costing, benchmarking, trends and KPIs.
- Expert level of Excel skills and experience with Business Intelligence systems.
- Highly numerate and able to analyse statistical information and interpret financial data to produce reports which can be understood by non-financial colleagues.
- Computer literate: Fully conversant with the current uses of Information Technology in the workplace and uses IT as a management tool.
- Previous experience on Xero accounting package.
- Previous experience on Fathom reporting.
- Previous experience on SimplePay payroll package.
- Knowledge of telecoms industry and product distribution.
- Predictive analysis, business models and analytical review.
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills.
- Self-starter and goal orientated.
- Works well under pressure/deadlines.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Relationship building and ability to work with others.
- Multi-tasking abilities.
- Planning and prioritisation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work at both a detailed and strategic level.