Finance Tax Accountant
Cape Town – Western Cape
SUPPORT and facilitate all corporate tax functions, ensuring compliance with tax laws regulations in all jurisdictions as your expertise as a Finance Tax Accountant is sought by a dynamic Financial Services Group. This will include the compilation, completion and review of tax returns and reconciliations for all tax balance sheet accounts. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical, strategic and creative problem-solving skills with a BComm Degree in Accounting or equivalent tertiary qualification and 5+ years’ work experience as a Tax Accountant or similar role including specialist knowledge of Tax & Regulatory environment. Any prior experience in Financial Services or Credit Retail will prove beneficial.
- Manage tax reporting and submission deadlines.
- Manage applications for direct and indirect tax rulings.
- Review existing and implement new policies for changes in tax legislation.
- Prepare and / or review technical tax papers.
- Maintain relationship with SARS and Tax Advisers.
- Assist with managing the month end process and submissions.
- Manage and review the status of the month end close to ensure that month end is closed timeously, and the balances are recorded accurately.
- Delivery of audits without material queries.
- Provide tax support for projects and initiatives.
- Internal and external stakeholder management.
- B.Comm (Accounting) or equivalent.
- 5+ Years work experience as a Tax Accountant or similar.
- Specialist knowledge of Tax and regulatory environment.
- Financial Services or Credit Retail experience advantageous.
- Strong analytical, strategic and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at all levels.
- Technical and functional knowledge.
- Ability to deliver accurate outputs.
- Able to convert theoretical knowledge effectively into practical solutions.