Field Service Engineer
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
A cutting-edge Cloud Solutions Specialist in Durban seeks an enthusiastic and strong technical Field Service Engineer to provide superior customer service. Your core role will include planning, documentation, configuration, deployment and sign off customer installations. You will ensure that records, systems, and knowledge base within area of responsibility are up to date and always maintained. Smooth deployment and customer service is ensured as you keep liaising with Project Management. The ideal candidate will require Matric/Grade 12, 1+ years’ 2nd Line Support, 3+ years Customer Service, Linux (Centos/Ubuntu), Network configuration / routing / firewall management, fluent with 1 or more VoIP and IP Telephony technologies: SIP, RTP, IP-PBX, IP devices & debugging skills with TCP/IP, UDP tools. You must also possess a valid Driver’s Licence and your own reliable transport.
- Customer interaction, design, deployment, and support:
- Software service and hardware configuration
- Hardware / Software / Network troubleshooting
- Advising relevant parties on measures to be taken (if any) to prevent the problem from
- occurring again
- Planning and deployment of allocated solutions at customer sites including:
- Site surveys (completed survey, documentation, LAN diagram, floorplan, photos)
- Call flows and needs analysis (diagrams, documentation, ATP content)
- Configuration (Telviva, QueueMetrics, Zabbix, CPE, ViBE)
- Acceptance testing and training of users
- Project-related IMACs (installations/moves/additions/changes)
- Change management: preparing change requests and reporting on outcomes
- Ensure that records, systems, and knowledge base within area of responsibility are up to
- date and always maintained (customer documentation, site documentation and
- diagrams and similar)
- Ensure all required site documentation is updated, signed off, uploaded, and handed
- over to Support.
- Defining, mapping and documenting installation processes and configuration items, as
- and when allocated and ensuring team has been trained accordingly.
- Working standby as per roster and stipulated in the company’s policy
- Proactively remain abreast of industry knowledge and active knowledge-sharing with
- Self-study and research to develop both technical and soft skills
- Liaise with Project Management to ensure smooth deployment and customer service:
- Provide input, as required, for project scoping and planning.
- Highlight any delays and issues with installation activities.
- Identify any risks that may impact successful deployment.
- Provide all required documentation to Project Admin on completion of deployment.
- Matric essential
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification beneficial
- 2+ years of industry related 2nd line support experience essential
- 3+ years of Customer Service experience essential
- Driver’s license and own transport essential
- Network configuration / routing / firewall management
- Experience with Linux (Centos / Ubuntu)
- Fluent with one or more VoIP and IP Telephony technologies: SIP, RTP, IP-PBX, IP
- Experience with VoIP applications beneficial
- Experience with WAN / LAN / system monitoring tools (Nagios, Zabbix etc.) beneficial
- Problem solving and debugging skills with TCP/IP, UDP tools
- Always accountable
- Organised with attention to detail
- Analytical with strong problem-solving ability
- Patient and diplomatic
- Team Player
- Enthusiastic / confident / professional
- Passion for delivery and service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management skill
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.