Cape Town – Western Cape
A fast-paced Engineering Service Provider in Durbanville is seeking the technical expertise of a driven FEA (Finite Element Analyst) Engineer to join its team. Your role will entail utilising CAE tools, verifying new designs and solving failure mechanisms which conducting analysis on multiple products. You must possess a BEng. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent tertiary qualification and have at least 2+ years’ Mechanical Design Engineering experience including 3D CAD, Advanced Excel and exceptional Math ability and task management.
- Utilise CAE tools: Verify new designs / products & Problem solve failure mechanisms on failed existing components / products.
- Conduct analysis on a multitude of products for multiple clients.
- Interpret results and make recommendations.
- Simplify CAD models for analysis.
- Construct Finite Element Models.
- Interpret required physics and apply to the simulation.
- Execute linear, non-linear, modal and fatigue type analyses.
- Asses results for comparison against customer requirements and design standards.
- Liaise with other engineering disciplines and teams.
- Compile feedback presentations and technical reports.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Provide proactive feedback about designs, based on outcomes of analysis.
- Summarise and conclude investigations.
- Provide design recommendations.
- BEng. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ Mechanical Design Engineering experience.
- 3D CAD experience.
- Excellent in task management and Mathematics.
- Computer literacy with Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with Structural FEM.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good written and verbal communication (English).