EV Software Engineer (Thermal Management Systems/Simulink)
Engineering/Technical ~ IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
AN exciting opportunity to launch your automotive software career under the guidance of highly experienced Engineers in the industry is on offer by our client, a provider of cutting-edge Engineering Solutions, seeking its next Software Engineer. You will be involved in simulation and design of Thermal Management Systems (TMS) for Electrical Vehicles (EV) using Simulink, TMS control system design, implementation and verification testing. The successful candidate must possess a M.Eng Degree in Mechanical Engineering – specializing in HVAC and Thermal systems, 1-3 years suitable work experience and proficiency in the design of Thermal Management Systems (TMS). Any Simulink system modelling experience in addition, will prove beneficial. You must be a SA citizen and be willing to travel abroad for variable periods.
- Simulation and design of Thermal Management Systems (TMS) for Electrical Vehicles (EV) using Simulink.
- TMS control system design, implementation, and verification testing.
- Control algorithm development and optimization.
- Under guidance of the Lead Software Engineer, be responsible for documentation, verification and testing of control software.
- Contribute to vehicle software development, software tools development and vehicle data analytics.
- M.Eng. Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Specializing in HVAC and Thermal systems.
- 1-3 Years relevant experience.
- Proficient in design of Thermal Management Systems (TMS).
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Good Written and Verbal Communication (English).
- Willing to travel overseas for variable periods.
- South African Citizenship.
- Experience with Simulink system modelling.
- Attention to detail.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Good work ethics.
- Hardworking, willing to go the extra mile.
- Work independently.
- Excellent in task management.
- Team Player (Work well in a team).
- Ability to work under pressure and handle priority changes.
- Have good problem-solving abilities.