EV Senior Software Engineer (Automotive Controls and Data Analytics)
Engineering/Technical ~ IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
IF you are seeking a new challenge, an exciting opportunity to launch a career in the Automotive Software arena is open to an EV Senior Software Engineer sought by our client, a provider of cutting-edge Engineering Solutions in Durbanville. Your role will include MATLAB/Simulink software development for vehicle and body controllers while making a contribution to vehicle level architecture design including Systems Modelling, Data Analytics, Duty Cycle Analysis) and systems integration (ADAS, ABS, taction-, battery systems, OTA). The ideal candidate must possess a M Eng./BEng. Degree in Electronic/Mechatronic Engineering, have 7-10+ years’ relevant experience with knowledge of J1939 CAN communication and associated test tools/equipment, be a SA citizen and be willing to travel abroad for variable periods.
- MATLAB/Simulink software development for vehicle and body controllers used in the Automotive environment.
- Development, documentation, verification and testing of control software and software tools.
- Support testing of software at module level and on prototype vehicles.
- Engineering and improvement of software development processes.
- Contribute to vehicle level architecture design (Systems Modelling, Data Analytics, Duty Cycle Analysis) and systems integration (ADAS, ABS, taction-, battery systems, OTA).
- Contribute to the development of system plant models and simulations using MATLAB/Simulink.
- Contribute to the development of software tools required for vehicle production and field support.
- M Eng. or B Eng. or Degree in Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering.
- 7-10+ Years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of J1939 CAN communication and associated test tools/equipment.
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Willing to travel overseas for variable periods.
- South African Citizenship.
- Proficient in MATLAB/Simulink environment. Experience with Simulink coder.
- Experience with Polarion ALM tools for requirements management.
- Knowledge of formal software development processes.
- Knowledge and experience working on electric vehicle subsystems.
- Knowledge and experience of ISO 26262 functional safety design.
- Attention to detail.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Good Written and Verbal Communication (English).
- Good work ethics.
- Hardworking, willing to go the extra mile.
- Work independently.
- Excellent in task management.
- Team Player (Work well in a team).
- Ability to work under pressure and handle priority changes.
- Have good problem-solving abilities.