Escalation Engineer (CPT/JHB/PTA)
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng ~ Pretoria/Centurion – Gauteng
YOUR strong technical ability as an Escalation Engineer is sought by a global IT Managed Service Provider to play a critical role forming part of its service framework and acting as an escalation point for customer issues raised by the wider support team. You will require current Microsoft Certifications in either MS or AZ tracks – preferably to Expert level. You must have excellent troubleshooting – 8-10 years’ work experience – including Windows OS and applications, email flow & routing and Office 365 services. You must also have good practical understanding of public DNS records, Intune and device management/compliance, Group Policy/ADMX within Intune/Endpoint Manager, SCIM and SSO with Azure AD, SCCM or other RMM application. Applicants will also need strong knowledge of the following vendor services extremely beneficial: Mimecast, ProofPoint, Cisco Duo, Exclaimer, Dropsuite, KnowBe4, Datto RMM, Windows Hello for Business, Acronis, Azure IaaS, Azure Backup, Azure Site Recovery.
- Assist with technical escalation of issues from the wider support team.
- Assist with customer onboarding projects and Cloud migrations.
- Manage escalated Tickets and Requests.
- Keep customers informed on status and progress of their Tickets.
- Technical security operations, SaaS service and platform management.
- Implement automation and service efficiency measures with scripting, coding and development, and API integrations.
- Aid customer retention and satisfaction.
- Help to improve efficiency, processes, documentation, and automation.
*The Escalation Engineer will be expected to work standard 8 hour shifts between the hours of 8am and midnight, Monday to Friday. Shifts are not fixed but are rotated between available resources to align as best possible to employee’s requirements while ensuring adequate cover for our major supported time zones globally.
- Current Microsoft Certifications in either MS or AZ tracks, preferably to ‘expert’ level.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting capabilities including Windows OS and applications, email flow and routing, and Office 365 services – 8-10 Years experience.
- Understanding of Group Policy/ADMX within Intune/Endpoint Manager.
- Good practical experience of Intune and device management/compliance.
- Excellent understanding and practical of public DNS records.
- Understanding of best practice security principles.
- Deployment of applications using third party tools – SCCM or other RMM application.
- Understanding of SCIM and SSO with Azure AD.
- Good understanding and practical experience of backup best practices and restore processes.
- Strong knowledge of the following vendor services extremely beneficial: Mimecast, ProofPoint, Cisco Duo, Exclaimer, Dropsuite, KnowBe4, Datto RMM, Windows Hello for Business, Acronis, Azure IaaS, Azure Backup, Azure Site Recovery.
- Good working knowledge of networks, switching, routing and traffic management.
- PowerShell scripting and use for administration and automation.
- Customer focused, with an analytical approach with good questioning and listening skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills suitable for an international audience.
- A confident team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Fanatical attention to detail.
- An ability to learn quickly, and a willingness to study and obtain new certifications and skills (certification will be a KPI of the role).
- Dependable, hardworking and self-motivated.