Embedded Software Engineer
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
DEVELOP high performance networking software as your coding expertise as an Embedded Software Engineer is sought by a cutting-edge Tech company to join its team. Your core role will be to design, develop, debug, test and support software. The ideal candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic Engineering/Computer Engineering/Computer Science with work experience in a similar role with proficiency in C/C++, bash, Bourne shell, Python, GCC, revision control systems, build systems, troubleshooting, debugging and profiling tools.
- Bachelor’s (required) Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science with relevant work experience.
- Experience with Embedded systems and Embedded software development is required.
- Proficiency in Embedded Programming (C/C++) and scripting languages (e.g., bash, Bourne shell, Python) is required.
- Extensive experience with development and debugging (GCC, revision control systems, build systems, troubleshooting, debugging and profiling tools) is required.
- Extensive experience with designing and optimizing software to meet specified performance goals.
- Master’s Degree.
- Assembler experience.
- Multi-threaded programming experience.
- Experience with development and debugging from the Linux command line.
- Knowledge of network protocols.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies.
- Experience in Cryptography and network security (e.g., IPsec, SSL).
- Linux kernel development.
- Agile software development.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplined team environment.
- Strong written communication skills.