Electrical Design Engineer
Cape Town – Western Cape
AN Electrical Design Engineer with critical attention to detail who can work in a pressure-driven environment handling multiple priorities is sought by a fast-paced Engineering Service Provider in Durbanville. Your role will include Medium and Heavy-duty truck chassis harness design using 3D CAD – and 2D Schematic software, preparing bills of materials and their representative 3D assemblies (Unigraphics NX) while evaluating scope of work and managing project timelines. You must have a B.Eng/BTech Degree in Electrical/Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent with at least 3-10 years’ work experience in a similar position with Advanced Excel skills.
- Medium and Heavy-duty truck chassis harness design using 3D CAD – and 2D Schematic software.
- Vehicle Electrical Systems Design, including 3D Wiring Design in Siemens NX, creating 2D Harness Drawings and Schematics.
- Electrical Component Integration.
- Evaluate scope of work and manage project timelines.
- Prepare bills of materials and their representative 3D assemblies (Unigraphics NX).
- Product data management (entering designs and related info into PDM software – Team Center).
- Ensure designs meet supplier and regulatory requirements.
- Design with cost saving, ease of installation and servicing in mind.
- Conduct concept and design reviews.
- Liaise with suppliers on designs.
- Assess results for comparison against customer requirements and design standards.
- Liaise with other Engineering disciplines and teams.
- B Eng Degree or BTech Degree in Electrical / Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-10 Years’ Engineering work experience.
- 3 Years experience working in an Electrical Design Engineering position.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Willing to travel to the USA for short periods.
- South African Citizen.
- Automotive OEM Design.
- 3D CAD experience: Siemens NX.
- Schematics Design in Mentor Graphics Vesys.
- Attention to detail.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Good work ethic.
- Hardworking, willing to go the extra mile.
- Work independently.
- Excellent in task management.
- Team Player (Works well in a team).
- Have good problem-solving abilities.