Ecommerce Digital Designer (JHB Hybrid)
Media/Marketing/Sales ~ IT – Designer
Johannesburg – Gauteng
FACILITATE the delivery of engaging, unique and compelling content as the next Ecommerce Digital Designer sought by a fast-growing Logistics & Ecommerce company to help in its mission to make its online pet store offering stand out from the crowd. You will conceptualise on digital campaigns, implement HTML coding when necessary for onsite features & email campaigns while designing and executing layouts and marketing assets. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, up to date on all Digital Marketing trends with the ability to solve design challenges, bring ideas to the table and take projects from conception to finished design. You must possess a Bachelor’s or equivalent Degree/Diploma in Graphic Design, Web Design with at least 2-3 years’ Digital Graphic Design experience and proficiency in tools including Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, InDesign, Sketch, HTML and CSS coding, Dreamweaver. All applications are expected to provide a portfolio of proven design experience in in social media marketing, e-newsletters, Google Display Network ads, promotions, banners, gifs, Website design, etc. to demonstrate a strong sense of composition, typography, and layout skills.
- Full project lifecycle – from brief to implementation across various platforms.
- Conceptualise digital campaigns.
- Create digital elements to maintain current websites, social media channels and other digital platforms.
- Design and execute layouts and marketing assets for homepage features, landing pages, Digital Marketing, social media, site banners, newsletters, mobile, email, etc.
- Implement HTML coding when necessary for onsite features and email campaigns.
- Produce and edit imagery and videography.
- Creative for WordPress.
- Bachelors or equivalent relevant Degree/Diploma in Graphic Design, Web Design or equivalent work experience.
- Must be passionate about pets.
- 2-3 Years of Digital Graphic Design experience.
- Ability to solve design challenges with creativity, efficiency, and precision.
- Strong conceptual thinking and able to take projects from conception to finished design.
- Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, InDesign, Sketch, HTML and CSS Coding, Dreamweaver.
- Portfolio showing proven design experience in social media marketing, e-newsletters, Google Display Network ads, promotions, banners, gifs, Website design, etc to demonstrate a strong sense of composition, typography, and layout skills.
- Product and Lifestyle Photography.
- Proactive with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Ability to consistently execute with excellence and constantly work on improving design skills.
- Great communication and organisation skills, strong multitasking ability, detail-oriented and flexible.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while upholding the highest quality output.
- Enjoy working as part of a team and individually.