E-Commerce Marketer and SEO Analyst
Cape Town – Western Cape
Our client in Franschhoek wine valley seeks a Technical E-Commerce Marketer with expertise in data analysis and SEO. This role demands creativity and strong analytical skills to identify website optimization opportunities and execute a testing plan. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail are critical for success. The candidate should be able to manage competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, data analysis, information science, or related fields is required.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing analytics and reporting:
- Tracking, reporting, and analysing the performance of marketing activities, ad hoc analytical requests, and automation of regular reports.
- Provide actionable market and customer insights to address key strategic questions.
- Assist with market research to analyse the competitive landscape, determine brand perceptions, and identify new marketing opportunities.
Experimentation and CRO:
- You will function as an important member of the team by supporting UX and CRO strategies with audience-centric recommendations for improving website performance.
- Evaluate customers’ online behaviour and provide insights and recommendations to improve website performance and the overall online shopping experience.
- Support strategy, execution, and measurement of A/B tests and CRO experiments within the e-commerce marketing team.
- Work with content creators to optimise landing pages, website calls-to-action (CTAs) and lead-generating forms.
- Monitor traffic performance in Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
- Support copywriters with keyword research for SEO writing.
- Continuously collect, analyse, and identify trends/insights to improve SEO strategy.
- Work with the development team to implement best SEO practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, data analysis, information science or a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Afrikaans and English.
- Demonstrable experience as a data analyst, preferably working in a marketing team or with marketing stakeholders, with a track record of producing data-driven insights and recommendations to various stakeholders.
- Proven experience in SEO, Google Analytics and other MarTech platforms.
- Experience in compilation and execution of A/B testing plans and reporting on the results.
- Advanced statistical analysis and data visualisation skills.
- Experience working in an e-commerce environment and on e-commerce platforms would be advantageous.
- Experience working with project management tools such as Asana would be advantageous.
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English, with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Solution oriented.