IT – Analyst, Data Management ~ IT – Infrastructure
Johannesburg – Gauteng
Our well-established client in the solar energy industry is on the lookout for an ambitious Digitalization Lead to join their team.
- Leading the company’s digitalisation strategy
- Consulting with the global and local divisional leads regarding digitalisation requirements
- Managing relationships and outsourced processes with external IT consultancies
- Building a core digitalisation team and providing training and development opportunities
in order to maximise team members’ potentials and growth
- Adopting a servant-leader approach and inspiring and motivating team members to
achieve the company and team goals
- Support Business Intelligence function with the creation of KPI dashboards (SQL queries)
- Creating and maintaining ETL processes and performing data migrations
- Implementing Lambda functions that interact with IOT devices on our solar sites
- Extending and maintaining an existing Web Application (Front-End and Back-End) –
ensuring the implemented code is adjusted to specific requirements.
- Maintaining and developing the company’s CRM (Salesforce) and the underlying data
- Occasional travel to India / Zurich
- At least three years of experience building and leading a team of engineers in a scrum Environment
- Comfortable working with and supporting various divisions (with different levels of technical expertise) to identify Digitalisation opportunities and needs
- A creative problem solver and a critical thinker, who is able to make decisive decisions
- Good understanding of and experience in CRM technologies – experience with Salesforce advantageous
- Experience with SQL-like Database technologies (PSQL, MySQL, SQLite, etc.)
- Experience in some or all of the following technologies:
○ Backend: Python, Java, etc.○ Frontend: TypeScript, NextJS, Express, React, Bootstrap○ Programming patterns: MVC, Factory, etc.
- Good Understanding and Experience in state-of-the-art Cloud technologies and infrastructure: AWS/GCP, EC2/Compute Engine, SQS/PubSub, Lambda/Functions, CICD, Amplify, etc.
- Experience working with ETL processes and REST APIs
- Excel proficiency
- You agree to live out the company values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we work as one and follow the company’s principle that less is more
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, considered a plus.
You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.