Digital Product Designer (UX/UI) (Remote)
IT – Software Development
- Be involved in user interviews, business strategy, and support tickets on occasion. We’ve found it’s crucial to understand the big picture and build empathy and understand our users’ problems and frustrations.
- Design and improve the user interface for features of the web app (and a mobile app soon).
- Create and maintain a design system including design tokens, composable UI elements, and design guidelines along with basic documentation.
- Ensure that the design and experience are consistent across the platform from the web app through to marketing communication like transactional emails and marketing material like the website.
- Work with the Head of Product to illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and the occasional design prototype in order to minimise risk before implementation.
- Work with Developers to create efficient workflows to implement designs in code, minimising busy/duplicate work as much as possible.
- See features through to production and gather feedback through analytics and occasional user interviews to test and improve the product.
- Acquire knowledge of our product and suggest changes we haven’t thought of to improve the user experience, efficiency, and quality by shaping pitches.
- Be a mentor for Junior Designers and an Evangelist of a great user experience and user needs for the Product team.
- 2-5 Years of experience designing web applications or mobile applications and you care deeply about crafting a great user experience.
- You’re familiar with Atomic design and at least one UI design application (Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Invision Studio, etc), and are comfortable with creating and using re-usable components in the tool.
- You’re interested in, and ideally have some familiarity with UX design and user research for digital products in FinTech (financial technology) or other industries.
- You have a fundamental understanding of design systems and how to use them in order to scale the product development process.
- You’re the sort of Designer who obsesses about quality and enjoys using your expertise to design interfaces the user can easily understand and use to accomplish their respective tasks.
- You’re confident in asking questions that lead to a deeper understanding of the need behind what we’re building to ensure the product is solving a real problem the user has.
- You’re not necessarily an expert researcher where you work, but you certainly understand the importance of research in designing a solution to the users’ problems and can conduct semi-structured user interviews to gather qualitative data on user needs and frustrations.
- You are not too precious about any particular design and understand that design is iterative and bound to change based on the needs of the platform and user feedback.
- You have great communication skills and can make people feel fairly comfortable during customer interview sessions.
- You can quickly gain insights you need from the other disciplines in the team and effectively share your insights with the team.
- You enjoy running various design experiments to see what works the best and which solutions drive the desired outcomes.
- Even though you might not be an expert, you have at least a basic grasp of the core concepts in Software Development and understand how technical capabilities can impact design solutions.
- You work well asynchronously and communicate clear thinking effectively, particularly in written form.